Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
So, I'm officially down to the final lot of cards to move from my Biggio collection sell-off. It's been pretty successful and quick to this point ($3,100 total sales).

54/60 1999 Topps Tek Gold Craig Biggio #'d /10
Photo%20Mar%2027%204%2048%2056%20PM_zpshfjyg4ez.jpg

This is the hardest lot of cards to sell, simply because I don't know the best way.

What do you think?

A. List all individually, via auction or BIN/BO?

B. List in pattern pairs (Home & Away), via auction or BIN/BO?

C. Keep trying to sell as a lot, for the fact that it's almost a complete run?

D. Other?

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
So, I'm officially down to the final lot of cards to move from my Biggio collection sell-off. It's been pretty successful and quick to this point ($3,100 total sales).

This is the hardest lot of cards to sell, simply because I don't know the best way.

What do you think?

D. Other?

I don't see how you can sell that man. Only 6 away from a complete run - amazing!

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA

What do you think?

D. Other?
The reason it's hard is you're not supposed to do it. Seriously, don't.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
[MENTION=9603]corockies[/MENTION] [MENTION=6641]Ghumbs[/MENTION]

I know it's something that will never be found again, but I see no reason for me to keep them. I just sold off 146 cards from my collection, keeping just 13 cards for myself.

These will likely just sit around in the closet. The $$$ and getting them into other people's collections is more important to me.

Now, I just need to figure out the most effective way to sell them.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Think people care about owning the Home/Away pair of each pattern?

Let them make that decision and maybe pay a lil more to do so. Meaning individual cards may bring more than listing as pairs. If your really going to move I'd go singles too, at double or so per card BO/BIN of what you have the lot at per card.

Ryan

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
I opened my 3 boxes of 97 Finest Series 2

Overall, it was a very fun break. Got my daughter from preschool and came home to find the boxes on my doorstep.

Box 1: Finest Gold Manny Ramirez, Embossed Silver McGwire, Embossed Silver Canseco....YIKES! Pretty much a dud box!

Box 2: Finest Golds Griffey, Ripken, Embossed Silver Ryne Sandberg, Hal Morris..and the big hit of the box FRANK THOMAS EMBOSSED SILVER REFRACTOR!!

Box 3: Finest Gold Fielder, Embossed Silver Vlad, Wasdin, Rivera..and another really nice hit HIDEO NOMO GOLD REFRACTOR!!

No Embossed Gold Refs, but it was a fun break. My 5-year old loves opening packs with me. She loves sorting them all out by theme. She thought the name "blue chips" was pretty darn hilarious.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Overall, it was a very fun break. Got my daughter from preschool and came home to find the boxes on my doorstep.

Box 1: Finest Gold Manny Ramirez, Embossed Silver McGwire, Embossed Silver Canseco....YIKES! Pretty much a dud box!

Box 2: Finest Golds Griffey, Ripken, Embossed Silver Ryne Sandberg, Hal Morris..and the big hit of the box FRANK THOMAS EMBOSSED SILVER REFRACTOR!!

Box 3: Finest Gold Fielder, Embossed Silver Vlad, Wasdin, Rivera..and another really nice hit HIDEO NOMO GOLD REFRACTOR!!

No Embossed Gold Refs, but it was a fun break. My 5-year old loves opening packs with me. She loves sorting them all out by theme. She thought the name "blue chips" was pretty darn hilarious.

Not a bad break.....I have done far worse on three boxes.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014

Very nice 3-box break! Both of those hits are in-demand cards

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
A huge thank you to a board member for this one:

Grand Finale:

attachment.php

And another new arrival:

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender1.jpg
    FullSizeRender1.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 43
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 240
  • FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 239

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

What do you think?

D. Other?

Question?

What's the lot, as a lot, worth to you if someone were to buy it all in one fell swoop?

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Question?

What's the lot, as a lot, worth to you if someone were to buy it all in one fell swoop?

The one extra I had sold for $20 at auction this past week.

So, based off that number and being realistic on the market value, I would be hoping to get $1100-$1350 for the lot. That's essentially saying "The market dictates $20, but maybe as such a big lot and being hard to get so many, it could bump them to a max of $25 per".

That make sense? Feel like I'm rambling, lol.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
But you have volume and a near complete and difficult player set to build. I would set my group price higher otherwise you will get poached.

Members online

Latest posts