Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I wouldn't recommend making offers. They no longer accept and will just double the price.

Not true at all, I made several offers today that were accepted, and so what if they did jack up the price already at $125 that I wasn't willing to pay? Just means it will sit long enough unsold so that card sharks will forget about it and they'll drop the price in time.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Not true at all, I made several offers today that were accepted, and so what if they did jack up the price already at $125 that I wasn't willing to pay? Just means it will sit long enough unsold so that card sharks will forget about it and they'll drop the price in time.

That's the first I've heard with them reacting to offers favorably in months. To your 2nd point, I've never seen them adjust prices downwards no matter how long it sits.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I just grabbed the Griffey. I don't even like executive promos but its one of 2 cards I wouldn't mind having all the variations. No idea who runs their site or the 90s portion but their prices are all over the place. They just listed Diamond Destiny Golds (someone buy the Griffey so I don't get any ideas) and then Silvers today at the same price. They must do some massive volume to let some of this stuff just sit forever.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I just grabbed the Griffey. I don't even like executive promos but its one of 2 cards I wouldn't mind having all the variations. No idea who runs their site or the 90s portion but their prices are all over the place. They just listed Diamond Destiny Golds (someone buy the Griffey so I don't get any ideas) and then Silvers today at the same price. They must do some massive volume to let some of this stuff just sit forever.

I think the cat's out of the proverbial bag with the executives now though; they may title them wrong, but they're pricing them more aligned to the market.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
FYI player collectors: a bunch of 1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified - [Base] - Platinum Red Unnumbered cards are listed on comc by DallasCardBoys. Most players are there as of now. As usual, prices vary if you're interested.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
FYI player collectors: a bunch of 1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified - [Base] - Platinum Red Unnumbered cards are listed on comc by DallasCardBoys. Most players are there as of now. As usual, prices vary if you're interested.

They would do a lot better if the backs showed "***" instead of just not have the number! :)

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Agreed. It's hard to exactly pin down why these cards are not very desirable... Pretty? Check. Rare? Check. But they are just not quite that different from the very cheap #'d versions... Maybe they've all been sitting there for 2 days and I thought they just popped ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online