Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is SHAMEFUL and someone is getting SCREWED!!!! Peterson Style....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Auburn997

Mar 4, 2011
Atlanta GA
That Adrian Peterson is one of GA Southerns best former players. I know a couple of people who collect his autos. Don't see anything wrong with that

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Don't see a problem.

Would you rather they say "No, this isn't the cool Adrian Peterson from the Vikings, it's someone else with the same name, bid accordingly?"

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Right name....wrong card....wrong person
2002 Finest 135 Adrian Peterson Auto RC | eBay

I would agree with you if the seller did anything shady like list "Vikings" or "2000 yards!" in the title...except he didn't.

This same type of thing happened in 2001 SP Top Prospects basketball with the "Michael Jordan" autograph, except back then, several sellers used keywords like "AMAZING" or "SUPERSTAR" to bait unwitting bidders into thinking they were getting the real MJs autograph, instead of some college kids auto.

Now, if the buyer wanted to get out of this on a technicality, they could say the item was NAD, since the seller listed the Manufacturer as "Panini" and the year as "2010" in the item specifics portion of the item description.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Not screwing anyone. People need to be educated about what they buy.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Funny how the guy waits until now to list the hottest player in the hobby when he had all year to do it to capitalize on it. It's a shady auction no matter how you look at it. The common person who is just getting into the hobby, new to ebay and wants to buy one for his kid would be disappointed in a few years after he puts the card away for him to find out it was the crappy Peterson.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I have to say, I don't see anything wrong with this.

Sure, the time it was listed may be a little coincidental, but there was nothing in the auction that tried to lead me to believe that this Adrian Peterson is the phenom for the Viqueens.

BUT, as a sports card collector, a few things should be known about the Vikings' Adrian Peterson.

-First year was in 2007, not 2002
-College was OU, not Georgia
-There is another Adrian Peterson (even I knew this one)
-$30 for a Peterson auto? If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
-The general makeup of Adrian Peterson's autograph should be burned into everyone's brain by now.

Now yes, the argument could be made that the person that bought it was a casual fan and didn't know any better, but it should have been up to them to educate themselves before buying this card.

I suppose a comment or two could be made that the seller didn't do enough to distinguish the fact that there are two Adrian Petersons, but honestly, do any of us think that would have stopped the sale from being made?

^and yes, I have LOTS of time on my hands today.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Funny how the guy waits until now to list the hottest player in the hobby when he had all year to do it to capitalize on it. It's a shady auction no matter how you look at it. The common person who is just getting into the hobby, new to ebay and wants to buy one for his kid would be disappointed in a few years after he puts the card away for him to find out it was the crappy Peterson.

So when should people be allowed to sell the previous Adrian Peterson's cards? A week ago? A couple of months? Maybe the off-season? A quick look at that scan would reveal that this is not the Adrian Peterson who plays for the Vikings - they share a name. If someone bit on that thinking they were getting a great deal, then that's on them.

I will give you this: listing it at the price he did, COULD have been done to make people think that they were getting a good deal. However, as an Iowa Hawkeye fan, I can't say that's the case either, because a lot of people put high/stupid prices on cards of guys that never made an impact on the league.

All that said, I find it hard to begrudge a guy selling that card for making that sale, with nothing misleading about the auction. Just my opinion.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Some BS excuses there. He is misleading no one. The other AP has always had spikes when the good AP played well. He had a nice shoot up in prices with AP was drafted. Saying someone shouldn't sell a card because it may confuse someone who doesn't have google is asinine.

Also, can we see those Topps scans?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If you don't know you're not buying the Peterson from the Vikings, you're a moron and the government shouldn't allow you to have internet access or children.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Is your last name Palin? Just wondering

6fmeZsLUreuylbm9MHdzBRrso1_500.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I agree with the the OP. Nothing wrong with the listing but he was definitely trying to get someone who doesnt know any better to bite (which he did) thinking it was Vikings Peterson.