Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UP again !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Thank you for coming back up and bringing normality back to my routine- bravo ;)

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
What is going on with this site? I visit 6 or 7 other forums pertaining to different things and they are not slow, they don't break down, they just don't have the problems this site does.

It has become very frustrating to come on this site lately. I am sure I am not the only one.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Chris, you're making me spend more time with my wife!

Ain't cool man!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

koal

Aug 7, 2008
What is going on with this site? I visit 6 or 7 other forums pertaining to different things and they are not slow, they don't break down, they just don't have the problems this site does.

It has become very frustrating to come on this site lately. I am sure I am not the only one.
agree 100%

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
agree 100%

if this site was a vanilla forum, you wouldn't see any issues.

But it's not. It's more than that.

Every now and then some of our features interfere with each other. The lack of a full time dedicated development staff is why this is the case.

Like the chat system? It has it's complications.

Like the tagging system? Same deal.

repeat the same for each non standard feature.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
if this site was a vanilla forum, you wouldn't see any issues.

But it's not. It's more than that.

Every now and then some of our features interfere with each other. The lack of a full time dedicated development staff is why this is the case.

Like the chat system? It has it's complications.

Like the tagging system? Same deal.

repeat the same for each non standard feature.

Chris, I really think you need to re-think the direction you are taking the site. Every time this site slows down or is off line for a period of time more and more people are leaving.

This site was in it's hay day when we did not have all this extra "stuff" going on in the background. I would go out on a limb and say that a majority of the users just want a decent place to come and talk about cards and do a little trading.

Just my 2 pennies, take it for what it's worth.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Chris, I really think you need to re-think the direction you are taking the site. Every time this site slows down or is off line for a period of time more and more people are leaving.

This site was in it's hay day when we did not have all this extra "stuff" going on in the background. I would go out on a limb and say that a majority of the users just want a decent place to come and talk about cards and do a little trading.

Just my 2 pennies, take it for what it's worth.

I'm not willing to sit back and let the site get stale. You engage or you die, that's the 1st rule of the internet. Sites like the bench are stable... why is the traffic so low?

Stability is AWESOME and something we desperately seek. However you have to walk the line.

The site has had LONG stable periods when no development was going on, and traffic was down down down. When we push things traffic responds and people come in and try it out. I'm not going to address perception, but the stats say that traffic is WAY up since we started implementing a few changes at the end of January. Keep in mind that in this time we have also moved to a new hosting company to a completely new operating system. This is another move that had to happen due to server costs and the level of support I was getting from that web host.

It's working and we need to stay the course. There will be occasional down times, but they won't be long or frequent enough to make people leave.

edit... keep in mind that the site bombed this time due to changes that were made in order to make the site faster.

Last edited:

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I don't care if the site is down from time to time. I have other XXXX I should be doing anyway. Site down won't stop me from coming back. Every step can't be forward. Do I like when it's down? No. But life goes on.

This notice is required by law.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Of course we don't want anyone to leave, but if someone is so over-emotional about the site glitches that they would freaking leave and not come back, I say good riddance. Who needs friends like that. The members and content on FCB more than make up for some technical difficulties. Do they suck, yeah. Should you leave because of it, I think you are pathetic if you do.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Of course we don't want anyone to leave, but if someone is so over-emotional about the site glitches that they would freaking leave and not come back, I say good riddance. Who needs friends like that. The members and content on FCB more than make up for some technical difficulties. Do they suck, yeah. Should you leave because of it, I think you are pathetic if you do.

Agree 100K%

This notice is required by law.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

I think you are over emotionalizing it a bit. Sure there is a good core sample of users (like me) that despite the shortcomings will migrate back, however many users, with habitual down time, will simply go elsewhere and every time they are forced to go elsewhere there is a chance they are going to start to go somewhere else first and perhaps not here much, or at all. It is not a personal or emotional thing, just a simplistic & convenience thing. Like any establishment, if you are forcing your 'user base' to go elsewhere, even if only briefly here and there, there is a good chance some are not going to come back. It has nothing to do with being over emotional at all...

Having said all of that, I like the new features being added & tweaked, and understand the logistics involved so I accept and roll with the inconveniences. But I would be lying if I said I have not been spending a good amount of time on other forums because of said slow or 'down times' here at FCB. Personally, I would prefer a more balanced approach with regards to performance & features, if the site does not have the manpower to keep it going uninterrupted while trying to implement features that only a small part of the user base may be using. Of course this is all my personal opinion and will support FCB in any direction they (he) wants to go.

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Of course you want to shore-up the glitches and not have down time. My post is not geared towards short-time members frustrated by the down time and more towards long-time members who would leave for good over it. That's just ridiculous.

Members online