Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's League Top 20 Prospects Lists Official Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I've been wanting to get his chrome auto but I always feel pitchers are such a higher risk so I've stayed clear but he seems pretty legit

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I'm with you, so literally everything of his I've bought was with some sort of eBay incentive.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
His stuff is relatively cheap vs. the hype. I'm worried about Giolito because he seems to be inconsistent and needs to work that part out.

I have so much of his stuff and thought this was the year to cash in but I'm in for another winter, lol.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
His stuff is relatively cheap vs. the hype. I'm worried about Giolito because he seems to be inconsistent and needs to work that part out.

I have so much of his stuff and thought this was the year to cash in but I'm in for another winter, lol.

The Nats had every reason to bring him up last month, yet for some incomprehensible reason chose not to.

Still, we should be thankful MW won't have the chance to screw him up now.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The Nats had every reason to bring him up last month, yet for some incomprehensible reason chose not to.

Still, we should be thankful MW won't have the chance to screw him up now.

Until the Nats hire Dusty Baker :eek:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm shocked to see Albies, Mateo, and Guerra ahead of Devers in the South Atlantic League.

I heard on a Boston sports station how some are panicking over how the Red Sox "have nobody to replace David Ortiz when he departs." But what about Devers? Is he not a potential big bat for them going forward? Seems he could really develop into a legitimate DH candidate for Boston when Papi leaves.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm shocked to see Albies, Mateo, and Guerra ahead of Devers in the South Atlantic League.

I heard on a Boston sports station how some are panicking over how the Red Sox "have nobody to replace David Ortiz when he departs." But what about Devers? Is he not a potential big bat for them going forward? Seems he could really develop into a legitimate DH candidate for Boston when Papi leaves.

Players with no position tend to be ranked down on these lists. If he is indeed a future DH that would lead to a lower ranking. IMO.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Players with no position tend to be ranked down on these lists. If he is indeed a future DH that would lead to a lower ranking. IMO.

Makes sense, thanks.

I'm excited to see Jorge Mateo climb up to New York. The kid had insane speed this year, stealing 82 bases in under 3/4 of a year at A/A+ ball, hitting .278 on the year with 66 runs scored and a .345 OBP, with 125 hits and 36 EBH.

Albies was solid, but I don't see how they can justify his ranking above Devers, unless they think Devers can't play the field at all, like you said, but he made a lot of defensive improvement this past year at 3B, cutting his error total in half from the previous year, in the same amount of chances (10E/196C 2015 vs 18E/189C 2014).

I think as Devers matures he will emerge as a legitimate power bat threat. He's 18.3 y.o. now and finished A ball this year with .288/11hr/70rbi slash line in 115 G. He also hit 38 doubles and 1 triple-- that would equate to over 70 EBH for a full year, so factor in a learning curve and his production could really rise. I'm excited to see how he develops.

Javier Guerra is a 6' 155 lb SS who showed a solid hit tool, but he's 2 years older than Devers with less production at low A ball in 2015, so I don't see why BA would rank him higher than Devers. DH or not, Devers is the better prospect, IMO.

BTW, phillyfan, it seems to me the Phillies have a lot of young talent ready to emerge from the minors. You should be excited!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Makes sense, thanks.

BTW, phillyfan, it seems to me the Phillies have a lot of young talent ready to emerge from the minors. You should be excited!

I am pretty exicted. Also having the the #1 pick and the #1 international allocation is fun in a year where a lot of teams are not allowed to sign guys for over 300K. some teams with big allocations could do well this 7/2 signing period.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
There must have been some game limit for these lists, otherwise I don't know what the explanation is for Brett Phillips not making the Southern League list.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
There must have been some game limit for these lists, otherwise I don't know what the explanation is for Brett Phillips not making the Southern League list.

He didn't have enough ABs to qualify.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Do you know what the minimum was? I'd have to assume he'd be Top-5 if he qualified.

According to the Handbook, at least 1/3rd of a prospect's season must be spent in a league to qualify.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts