Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here are a few pics...

92 Leaf Black Gold and silver Variation
e1a53f8529effa1b78b948982497e7f2.jpg

1992 Topps Gold Winners #386 w/ high and low Topps Gold Logo on back
0d073e8cec5791f1a777c3f4c7bdde23.jpg

1992 Topps Gold Winners #330 Gold , 2 Coppers and Silver on top. It looks like the 2 Coppers and Silver have the same blue hat logo and the Gold one has the white logo. What's the possible 3rd third hat logo?
6ebee1278a363862327fd8bf0b53f20b.jpg

579ab56dd844d26ddbe97053200f21c6.jpg

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
Over the last four years (with great help from the emergence of COMC), I have been tracking a little-known parallel for 1992 Topps. Whether a foiling mistake or scrapped parallel, no more than two copies of any player have popped up so far.

Here is the list of confirmed 1992 Topps Silver Winners:

John Olerud
Spike Owen
Kevin Mitchell
Lance Parrish
Tom Foley
Brian Barnes
Tom Henke
John Candelaria
Bob Ojeda
Gary Carter
Ryne Sandberg
Nolan Ryan
Will Clark
Don Robinson

*Brien Taylor (rec'd email in 2010 about this but no follow-up or pic)

There also exists a bronze foil parallel (easier to find than the silver but still difficult). These are very distinct and noticeable next to a gold card.

There are three of us on the juangone.com site that have Juan Gonzalez 92 gold winners in silver...

Kevin

Jan 14, 2009
Here are a few pics...

1992 Topps Gold Winners #386 w/ high and low Topps Gold Logo on back

1992 Topps Gold Winners Gold , 2 Coppers and Silver on top. It looks like the 2 Coppers and Silver have the same blue hat logo and the Gold one has the white logo. What's the possible 3rd third hat logo?
Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

His base and winners card can be found with:

white mark on hat
partially airbrushed mark on hat
blue/full airbrush mark on hat

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
His base and winners card can be found with:

white mark on hat
partially airbrushed mark on hat
blue/full airbrush mark on hat

Any ideas if Jose has any types of variations airbrushing or foil differences?

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I haven't come across any airbrushing or plate change variations. He definitely has a copper/bronze foil version and most likely a silver too.

Sweet! I'd love a copper/bronze and silver version. Is this only for gold WINNERS or are gold regulars in play as well? Also need all 92 leaf black gold silver versions if he has any.

Jan 14, 2009
Sweet! I'd love a copper/bronze and silver version. Is this only for gold WINNERS or are gold regulars in play as well? Also need all 92 leaf black gold silver versions if he has any.

I have not seen a true copper version of the regular non-winners gold cards. I have noticed a difference in the gold foil color between pack-pulled golds and factory golds. Not to say this variant is only found that way but I always compare any pack pulled golds to my factory set golds and they usually differ but this probably doesn't matter to most collectors.

allsandberg

Jan 16, 2016
I have not seen a true copper version of the regular non-winners gold cards. I have noticed a difference in the gold foil color between pack-pulled golds and factory golds. Not to say this variant is only found that way but I always compare any pack pulled golds to my factory set golds and they usually differ but this probably doesn't matter to most collectors.

Looking for the 1992 Sandberg Topps black gold winner in silver and bronze; buy or trade.

Members online