Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh You Better Watch Out...You Better Not Cry...Night Crew 86

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hello late nighters! Had a fun day today at the LCS ripping some new Bowmans Best and an awesome box of Draft Jumbo. Hit some really cool stuff and Best is so addicting! The weather was crappy here so I had to find SOMETHING to do. Anyway, how are you all tonight? Any new pickups? Wants? Lets talk cardboard tonight!

Check in !

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
So, the Orioles have come out and said if the offers for Manny Machado don’t improve they’re going to pull him off the trade block.

Interesting. What that tells me is the market for Machado has been set, and the Orioles are asking too much in return.

His peak trade value is right now, they won’t get anything better in return near the trade deadline, and they won’t get anything for him except maybe a compensatory draft pick if they let him walk after next season.

I’m not saying the Orioles should just give him away, but I completely understand why Major League executives avoid dealing with Baltimore.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I figured it would be a fiasco to move Machado. I'm sure Baltimore's demands are too high. Oh well, hoped he would go to the Yankees.

And as for sneezing....I am FINALLY feeling better now. I have had the crud for over a week. Today's therapy at the card shop definitely helped!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Baltimore is a confusing team to me, they act like a crazy irrational ex that you just broke up with. I can't understand why they are hesitant to trade him, they won't win anything this year and there's a 5% chance he stays there...and that's generous. As long as he goes out of the AL east I don't care, I just don't get it.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Hello late nighters! Had a fun day today at the LCS ripping some new Bowmans Best and an awesome box of Draft Jumbo. Hit some really cool stuff and Best is so addicting! The weather was crappy here so I had to find SOMETHING to do. Anyway, how are you all tonight? Any new pickups? Wants? Lets talk cardboard tonight!

Check in !

I like everything I've seen from Best this year except the mirror image set, not a fan of the design. The base, autos best cuts all looks really cool though.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
So, the Orioles have come out and said if the offers for Manny Machado don’t improve they’re going to pull him off the trade block.

Interesting. What that tells me is the market for Machado has been set, and the Orioles are asking too much in return.

His peak trade value is right now, they won’t get anything better in return near the trade deadline, and they won’t get anything for him except maybe a compensatory draft pick if they let him walk after next season.

I’m not saying the Orioles should just give him away, but I completely understand why Major League executives avoid dealing with Baltimore.

Duquette coupled with Angelos makes for a crazy negotiating table I'd imagine. Rumor is they want two front line controllable starters plus a solid lottery ticket for the one season of Machado. Machado is a very good player but one season of him is not Jack Flaherty+Jordan Hicks+Harrison Bader good. It makes me glad the Cardinals have turned their focus toward Donaldson a bit more.

Last edited:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I like everything I've seen from Best this year except the mirror image set, not a fan of the design. The base, autos best cuts all looks really cool though.

I agree, I am not a fan of the Mirror Image set where the photos are turned opposite of one another. But, what do you do? I normally pass over them in search of something nicer with the Best Cuts or other inserts. I did fairly well with my stuff today. No major hits but I did get a few guys I was collecting. I'm happy. My Draft Jumbo made up for it.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I agree, I am not a fan of the Mirror Image set where the photos are turned opposite of one another. But, what do you do? I normally pass over them in search of something nicer with the Best Cuts or other inserts. I did fairly well with my stuff today. No major hits but I did get a few guys I was collecting. I'm happy. My Draft Jumbo made up for it.

You've eluded to your draft stuff twice now, what did you get!?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
This was my box today.
f0bc6d89ed1635e0a93cc93f33d3c091.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I have felt that way at times. This time of year is tough on me. I just keep my spirits as high as possible and surround myself with good people like yourselves. Christmas has turned way too commercial for me. I have to keep faith and stay grounded and know the real reason for the season.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Eh....I don't plan on getting any gifts this year. I'm pretty sure my family has decided to forego Christmas so I MIGHT get some socks....and thats ok by me. I need em.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts