Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Now - Website Exclusive Event Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if someone brought it up.
What are the odds Topps comes out with the complete "factory" set after the season potentially killing some of the value of the original run? And, would anyone be shocked if/when it happens?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Just ordered the Marwin from Casebusters. I didn't think Topps would get one out of me, but I can't turn down Marwin or Will Harris.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if someone brought it up.
What are the odds Topps comes out with the complete "factory" set after the season potentially killing some of the value of the original run? And, would anyone be shocked if/when it happens?

with a stated print run I don't think they would do this. because the print run is only from however many people ordered. so it would look real bad on their part if they tried.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
with a stated print run I don't think they would do this. because the print run is only from however many people ordered. so it would look real bad on their part if they tried.

Now I wouldn't be totally surprised if they issued a parallel factory set of all the cards in gold or something similar.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
yeah that would be one way I could see them getting around it.

I actually would be OK with that - as long as it was clear that it was a reprint or parallel.

I was really cold on these cards at first, but the more I see them, the more I like them. I think Topps is really onto something here - especially for modern team/player collectors. Near real time production of the events and games that fan like - and they are out (and out of stock) before the emotion of the event dies off. If they are making money on these, I expect we will see these for a long time to come. (Making money on small print runs of effectively custom cards is not a given here...even at the high price per card).

They won me over with these.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I've seen a lot scans of card fronts, but not the backs. Can someone post a card front & back? Curious what the back looks like.

TIA

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I've seen a lot scans of card fronts, but not the backs. Can someone post a card front & back? Curious what the back looks like.

TIA

found them

nowfront_zps5zzrklnt.jpg
Nowback_zpsobzn1fim.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Topps has all fronts and backs on their site. I should say the cards are really nice, super glossy with light embossing on the fronts.

As someone who has been buying daily (thanks again, Casebusters), I'd hate to see a factory set. I suppose it's at least a 50/50 chance, but I'd really hate to spend $2600+ on 400+ cards over 6 months only to have a box set come out for $99 or whatever.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Topps has all fronts and backs on their site. I should say the cards are really nice, super glossy with light embossing on the fronts.

As someone who has been buying daily (thanks again, Casebusters), I'd hate to see a factory set. I suppose it's at least a 50/50 chance, but I'd really hate to spend $2600+ on 400+ cards over 6 months only to have a box set come out for $99 or whatever.

If they do make a factory set, It probably won't be the same exact card, so the print run on the factory set would be way higher making these still more desirable.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
If they are making money on these, I expect we will see these for a long time to come. (Making money on small print runs of effectively custom cards is not a given here...even at the high price per card).

I'd imagine with the infrastructure in place of making custom cards that people can design and order, Topps cost of making these one-offs can't be very expensive. Topps probably also batches them (prints multiple days' worth of cards in one press run, lowering the cost of production).

I wouldn't mind a factory set at the end of the year if the cost of the item is reasonable. Totally agree they'll have to make it in some sort of parallel just to make sure you don't dilute the print run and value of the daily cards sold.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
FYI, Topps is doing Now for Preacher, the new AMC comic-based TV show. 5 cards for $20.
"TOPPS NOW™ COMMEMORATES PREACHER SEASON 1 AS IT HAPPENS. NEW CARDS AFTER EVERY AIRING. AVAILABLE FOR 24 HOURS, ONLY AT TOPPS.COM"
Love the comic, just finished rereading it. I don't have cable, so I'll have to watch it online. Did anyone catch it? And do you think the sleeper factor could make this first batch very SP'd, or is the secret out?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
FYI, Topps is doing Now for Preacher, the new AMC comic-based TV show. 5 cards for $20.
"TOPPS NOW COMMEMORATES PREACHER SEASON 1 AS IT HAPPENS. NEW CARDS AFTER EVERY AIRING. AVAILABLE FOR 24 HOURS, ONLY AT TOPPS.COM"
Love the comic, just finished rereading it. I don't have cable, so I'll have to watch it online. Did anyone catch it? And do you think the sleeper factor could make this first batch very SP'd, or is the secret out?

I watched it and liked it quite a bit. I have not read the comic for what it's worth. I did see Topps tweeting about it last night and I just wanted to ask them to stop ruining everything I enjoy. I think there's potential for this set though, especially because people late to the party will be able to afford going back and picking up why they missed as Season 1 is 10 episodes I believe, unlike the baseball version which will be too big to attempt for those who haven't already started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I watched it and liked it quite a bit. I have not read the comic for what it's worth. I did see Topps tweeting about it last night and I just wanted to ask them to stop ruining everything I enjoy. I think there's potential for this set though, especially because people late to the party will be able to afford going back and picking up what they missed as Season 1 is 10 episodes I believe, unlike the baseball version which will be too big of a set to attempt for those who haven't already started

Members online

Latest posts