Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Now - Website Exclusive Event Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
FYI, Topps is doing Now for Preacher, the new AMC comic-based TV show. 5 cards for $20.
"TOPPS NOW™ COMMEMORATES PREACHER SEASON 1 AS IT HAPPENS. NEW CARDS AFTER EVERY AIRING. AVAILABLE FOR 24 HOURS, ONLY AT TOPPS.COM"
Love the comic, just finished rereading it. I don't have cable, so I'll have to watch it online. Did anyone catch it? And do you think the sleeper factor could make this first batch very SP'd, or is the secret out?

Never read the comics but loved the first episode. My brother reads the comic and he recommended the show to me.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Just for fun, did some looking at the archived Topps Now cards. So far...

Every team has a card except for Arizona, Atlanta and Minnesota.

Washington, New York Mets, Boston, Chicago Cubs and LA Dodgers have the most with seven cards each. San Francisco, Houston, Seattle have five, St. Louis, New York Yankees Chicago White Sox, Kansas City and Texas have four.

Bryce Harper has the most cards with six. (one shared with Strasberg, one shared with Machado)
Trevor Story, Jake Arrietta and David Ortiz are second with four. Clayton Kershaw, Nomar Mazara and Jackie Bradley, Jr. have three. (counts include shared cards)

Highest print runs are #57 Bartolo Colon 8,826; #68 Max Scherzer 3,746 and #69 Noah Snydergaard 3,670.
Lowest print runs are #79 Evan Gattis 212, #67 Chris Iannetta 215, #52 Stephen Piscotty/Matt Holiday 217.

Not looking at eBay/secondary values to see about how that is holding up. Still an interesting experiment. We'll tally up again later on and by the end of the season. A factory set would be like Upper Deck's Biography insert set from years ago, but hopefully they won't do it. Put some foil on the Topps logo, or use a completely different stock if they must, but I hope they won't do it.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Just for fun, did some looking at the archived Topps Now cards. So far...

Every team has a card except for Arizona, Atlanta and Minnesota.

Washington, New York Mets, Boston, Chicago Cubs and LA Dodgers have the most with seven cards each. San Francisco, Houston, Seattle have five, St. Louis, New York Yankees Chicago White Sox, Kansas City and Texas have four.

Bryce Harper has the most cards with six. (one shared with Strasberg, one shared with Machado)
Trevor Story, Jake Arrietta and David Ortiz are second with four. Clayton Kershaw, Nomar Mazara and Jackie Bradley, Jr. have three. (counts include shared cards)

Highest print runs are #57 Bartolo Colon 8,826; #68 Max Scherzer 3,746 and #69 Noah Snydergaard 3,670.
Lowest print runs are #79 Evan Gattis 212, #67 Chris Iannetta 215, #52 Stephen Piscotty/Matt Holiday 217.

Not looking at eBay/secondary values to see about how that is holding up. Still an interesting experiment. We'll tally up again later on and by the end of the season. A factory set would be like Upper Deck's Biography insert set from years ago, but hopefully they won't do it. Put some foil on the Topps logo, or use a completely different stock if they must, but I hope they won't do it.

Rockies have 6 cards - 4 Story, 1 Arenado, and 1 team.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Figures my two favorite teams haven't had any players do anything significant enough to land a Topps Now card. The Braves & D-Backs are just terrible teams this year. I expected the Braves to be the worst team this year but the D-Backs have just been a massive disappointment, with all their top players having career worst seasons.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Listing this one for $5.50 today on my website
http://www.casebusters.com/2016-topp...l-day-5-30-16/
artbb-16c2s-16tn-0111-1.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That's pretty sweet. When I get back to building the set, those will be nice bonuses to chase.

#10 /10 is on ebay for a $6K BIN. Hopefully I can do better than that.

Last edited:

Members online