Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Ripken exists! 8 years and I finally landed my Holy Grail!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Incredible and awesome accomplishment!

Why did Ripken write "2632 CG" and not the nickname printed on the card, "The Iron Man," like the rest of the players wrote their nickname? I thought that was the point of the set.

Maybe some of the other /10 Ripkens have the Iron Man inscription. Now you have to chase another possible card! ;)

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Incredible and awesome accomplishment!

Why did Ripken write "2632 CG" and not the nickname printed on the card, "The Iron Man," like the rest of the players wrote their nickname? I thought that was the point of the set.

Maybe some of the other /10 Ripkens have the Iron Man inscription. Now you have to chase another possible card! ;)

There are a few in this set that didn't sign what's printed on the card.
IN-WM_zps90ffef91.jpg

IN-EG_zps58f9fc50.jpg

And there are two that ONLY signed their nickname
IN-GC_zps8687776a.jpg

IN-OS_zpsa48995d1.jpg

Then of course Maddux who is the only one in the set (and product) that used black ink. And man, if there's a different inscription out there I'm in trouble and will need a small loan!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
VERY happy for your completion! Those cards look great and I hope you enjoy them for a long time.
DANNY

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Do you / anyone know the story why Musial has the inscription he does vs "the Man" ?

Ryan

I don't know, there are a few that make me scratch my head. That would have been a great question for UD 9 years ago...guess I missed the boat on that one!

Thanks again everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
There is no way that Maddux says Mad Dog :D

I think I see it...the M in Maddux matches the first "letter" and after that I can see two d's and a G at the end. But that's after studying it for a while!

Tanks again everyone, I really appreciate the congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Latest posts