Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So HOW LOW are the Five Star boxes going to fall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I don't understand the huge hard on for this product, I really don't.
I can't believe the condition of these cards in a pack of this price and I can't believe the astronomical number of redemptions (which I'm sure will never get fulfilled) in every pack.
If you look at the box breaks, rarely do you see a box opened without a redemption in it. I've seen boxes with 2-3 in a single pack! Like I said before, you have to be nuts to shell out some of the money that people are paying for these redemption cards. Can you imagine how long it is going to take them to get the Octo autographs done with guys like Kemp, Pujols, Halladay, etc? I would love to own some of the Dawson's from this set, but they look like my 3 year old took scissors to them. the ones that are in decent shape, guys want $100 for them because they aren't as crappy as the others. Unreal.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
way overpriced product. This will certainly drop when a few big hits are out and about

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I will probably be able to get an Aoron auto finally thanks to this product. But that's because of the PRs. So it's a boon to singles buyers, and a money pit for box breakers.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
For box breakers getting 10 cents on the dollar isn't that unusual. Every product put out has boxes like that. Quit making a mountain out of a molehill.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Everything is my damn business. And while I am in obvious understanding of your entrenchment in it, both as a retailer and an owner of a message board that derives an income speaking about it, present company excluded, this is one of the shadier "hobbies" out there. This hobby could really use a governing body.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
For box breakers getting 10 cents on the dollar isn't that unusual. Every product put out has boxes like that. Quit making a mountain out of a molehill.

It is just a lot harder to stomach when spending 400-500 on this instead of 50-75 on a box of chrome.

I also believe 10% is a little low, I have not seen a 10% return box, 20-30% is a different story.

Not mentioning cost is shady?? My target doesn't tell me what my deodorant costs.. My gas station doesn't tell me what root beer costs.. Game stop doesn't tell me what nfs costs.. Its not now and never should be for public consumption. Look what hat knowledge did to the car business.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Everything is my damn business. And while I am in obvious understanding of your entrenchment in it, both as a retailer and an owner of a message board that derives an income speaking about it, present company excluded, this is one of the shadier "hobbies" out there. This hobby could really use a governing body.

No, it really isn't any of your business.

In fact, it's not even close to being your business.

You don't get to know what businesses pay for their product unless you are on the inside of that business. Do you ask walmart how much they pay for the things you buy?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
While you are at it, why not ask topps how much it cost them to make it?

You can't have 100% transparency. And btw, if you eliminate the hobby shops the industry would crumble. Interest would dive even lower.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Lolololol a governing body. That's hilarious

Members online