Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Gomez is a sack of crap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Only problem is, it wasn't a home run shot. Big difference right there, for one thing.

BTW, Pap's "flamboyance" was only a celebration of winning a game, not striking out any particular player. I'm sure Wilson's was the same, although the guy is so eccentric and borderline insane that with him anything goes. And no, I never saw Clemens, at least while in Boston, do anything to show up the hitter after a K.

This is JUST about Gomez for you. Your arguments are terribly inconsistant and hypocritical. You just don't like Carlos Gomez, period. That's fine. But be honest about it.

Gomez was looking at either a HR, or a LONG fly out; neither of which requires a sprint out of the box. Then it happened to be neither and Cutch made a bad read on the ball. It's only BECAUSE of his hustle does he end up at 3rd base. There's maybe 10 guys that could have gotten away with that. And Cole couldn't stand what happened, and all he could do was say something to the guy that still ended up at 3rd base.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Gerrit Cole on the incident:

I grabbed the ball from J-Hay and I said, "If you're going to hit a home run, watch it. If you're going to hit a fly ball to center field, don't watch it." I didn't curse at him, I did't try to provoke a fight.

Gomez on the incident:

He (Cole) just say something that I don't like. I don't think he's the one to tell me what I have to do because I don't tell him what he need to do to pitch. But, nothing happen there. He tell me, I tell him, I talk to umpire, everything is normal. And, then, Snider come like a superhero trying to throw punches at everybody. So, I just have to protect myself.

Snider came to me, screaming at me. He's the one, Snider, who started it. Cole he told me something, I talk back, he walked to the mound and everything is fine. And the game continue normal. But some guy, idiot, come out and do stupid stuff.

gomez.jpg

[MENTION=2016]hive17[/MENTION] -- I have no personal dislike of Gomez and in fact like to follow how he's playing because I think he's a great player

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Cole said he told Gomez: ''If you're going to hit it out of the ballpark, then you can stop and look at it. But it you're going to hit just a flyball to center field, then don't stand and look at it.'''

Yeah, because in the three of four words we can see Cole screaming at him, this totally fits the timeline.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Can we get a ruling on how cool it is to call someone who you probably don't know and will probably never encounter in person a 'sack or crap' or something similarly low? There's gotta be something in The Book of Unwritten Rules of Human Decency about that, right?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Can we get a ruling on how cool it is to call someone who you probably don't know and will probably never encounter in person a 'sack or crap' or something similarly low? There's gotta be something in The Book of Unwritten Rules of Human Decency about that, right?

I got called a retard on Blowout for saying that Cole and Gomez both overreacted...lol.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Gerrit Cole on the incident:

I grabbed the ball from J-Hay and I said, "If you're going to hit a home run, watch it. If you're going to hit a fly ball to center field, don't watch it." I didn't curse at him, I did't try to provoke a fight.

Gomez on the incident:

He (Cole) just say something that I don't like. I don't think he's the one to tell me what I have to do because I don't tell him what he need to do to pitch. But, nothing happen there. He tell me, I tell him, I talk to umpire, everything is normal. And, then, Snider come like a superhero trying to throw punches at everybody. So, I just have to protect myself.

Snider came to me, screaming at me. He's the one, Snider, who started it. Cole he told me something, I talk back, he walked to the mound and everything is fine. And the game continue normal. But some guy, idiot, come out and do stupid stuff.

View attachment 34156

@hive17 -- I have no personal dislike of Gomez and in fact like to follow how he's playing because I think he's a great player

Go and listen to the audio, Cole clearly says "hey why dont you XXXXing (then becomes faint but assume he says run that out)".

Cole is a POS to state he did not curse at Gomez.
I am siding more and more with Gomez on this.
At least Gomez stated the facts, "He (Cole) just say something that I don't like. I don't think he's the one to tell me what I have to do because I don't tell him what he need to do to pitch."

Seriously, go and listen..................

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Go and listen to the audio, Cole clearly says "hey why dont you XXXXing (then becomes faint but assume he says run that out)".

Cole is a POS to state he did not curse at Gomez.
I am siding more and more with Gomez on this.
At least Gomez stated the facts, "He (Cole) just say something that I don't like. I don't think he's the one to tell me what I have to do because I don't tell him what he need to do to pitch."

Seriously, go and listen..................

Gomez is making everyone else in the incident look like an idiot.

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Part of me thinks @cgilmo posted this to play Skip Bayless and intentionally created a controversial thread to get some reactions/thoughts out of the board.
Gilmo did it for the FCB Bux to help support the website.
But that means FCB would be giving money to FCB, which is a quantum paradox that could result in a cosmic implosion of FCB.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
There's plenty of cocky young men walking around. If I curse at them at the top of my lungs while walking downtown I can reasonably expect to be threatened with physical violence 6 out of 10 times. I don't suspect any of those gentlemen will offer me an apology for their strutting.

PS- I love the "un-written" rules discussions. Good fun, no wrong answer

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Part of me thinks @cgilmo posted this to play Skip Bayless and intentionally created a controversial thread to get some reactions/thoughts out of the board. Regardless, I haven't posted in a while, but thoroughly enjoyed this discussion.

Anything I post, I post for the good of the board.

I really do believe that Gomez is a sack of crap though, and not just based on this incident. He's a hot head that has no place in a civilized game.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
So, now that MLB has determined the guilty parties and doled out the appropriate disciplinary actions, I guess we can vindicate Cole and let this discussion rest.

Now, going forward, would it be old-school-baseball acceptable for the Pirates to drill a Brewer or throw at his head for what Maldonado did to Snider (hitting him while his arms were locked up)? Or do you hire Cole Hamels to do the dirty work?

Members online