Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Picked up one box from BO. Could have saved $10 by using eBay, but I trust BO a lot more. I must have gotten a 'Mike' box. Two Trouts. Base and the Circle Swirl one. Piazza base. Napoli base auto. Also got a Palmiero Teknician /50. Then the mind blower: I flip over this card with a starry diffractor design. 1/1!!! Probably my best pull ever. Bryce Harper Galactic Diffractor!!!!

Very nice, especially from just a single box! I opened a case on Christmas & pulled the Taveras 1/1. Seeing them in person makes you understand the 'Galactic' part a whole lot better!

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Has anyone noticed anything strange about press proofs or charcoal 1/1. Curious to me there have been to 1/1 press proofs for Gwynn, yellow sold, purple on now, charcoal on now $800 I offered $154 with no response to what he'd take on an email as well. KEY POINT HERE. They are either from twain or Japan, all three of them. What do you all think about that?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I think it's just a very popular product. At least three of the singles I've purchased so far have been from Taiwan and a couple more from Europe.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Has anyone noticed anything strange about press proofs or charcoal 1/1. Curious to me there have been to 1/1 press proofs for Gwynn, yellow sold, purple on now, charcoal on now $800 I offered $154 with no response to what he'd take on an email as well. KEY POINT HERE. They are either from twain or Japan, all three of them. What do you all think about that?

Oh, and at first I thought your post was going to be about how sellers claim their printing proofs are galactic charcoals. We also still have sellers claiming super low print runs on the non-numbered cards. Very misleading.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Yes and thank you. I wanted to let people know just in case of any discrepancies of anything going on. Just like you were helping on press proofs. Because I have all 14 Gwynns as I have posted but need the charcoal. Don't care if I get but he denied $144 and wouldn't respond to what he would take because $800 is out of this galaxy. Also three of the 5 come out of Japan on the 1/1 just scared me a little and wanted to pass along. I known nba cards are big there but topps tek. Also I know it's way higher case breaks here so does topps know where stuff is going, shady? Also counterfeit was a thought, not really but strange.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Also like you said what's the print run on non serial numbered. I've only seen two Gwynn shattered stripes on eBay. I have one and second sold for $99.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Got any you want to trade?

Man I need to go through my dups and update my list online so you can let me know what you need. I think I'm going to redo the site to make uploading and updating easier.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I landed this one last night. Only the second one I have seen so far. I would love to know the true number.
image-157.jpg

Some people say these non serial numbered are /5 or /10. With the blue dot /5 of O'neill I already saw 4 of the five listed but only two of these. Who knows.....

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I landed this one last night. Only the second one I have seen so far. I would love to know the true number.
image-157.jpg

Some people say these non serial numbered are /5 or /10. With the blue dot /5 of O'neill I already saw 4 of the five listed but only two of these. Who knows.....

I just got this one for Belle in the mail yesterday. I'm in the same boat as you. Think it is the clear SP for this release.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I haven't done this... yet... but if you go through completed listings by player there are some players who have possibly had five or more surface. Like right now there are six Jose Abreus either sold or active by six different sellers. Let's eliminate one or two due to dupes or flipping or something. Then add one for the one that appeared on COMC last night. Sounds like a similar situation to what moxacaine reported last page about Bryce Harper. There's at LEAST five of each player and almost certainly more. Definitely should not be going for more than Blue Dots.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
I have a NL Grid pattern with a print flaw. Has anyone seen enough of these for me to consider it a variation?

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1421101729.546600.jpg

Members online

Latest posts