Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Future Hall of Famers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Yadier Molina in what hall of fame? The alcoholic hall of fame on the wall of shame?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

giphy.gif

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
Zack Greinke - Cy Young. Overall very solid pitcher who had 2 transcendent seasons (including a season with a 1.66 ERA which he did not win the Cy Young). If he has 3 more great seasons and passes 200 homers I think he has a reasonable shot

Zack better get hitting then... :)

Also, I think the argument against Beltre not quite having enough offensive statistics to get in harshly discounts his elite level of defense. I think that definitely needs to be addressed when you say someone is close offensively, that really should get consideration. Obviously not saying defense alone should get him in, but I think is value there helps his case if it's a close vote.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't see how anyone can think any player with less than 10 years is a sure shot. I am not sure Kershaw even is at this point in his career as he is in year 10 now, although he has dominated similar to how Koufax did in a short time frame. Koufax had 5-6 great years and really, so has Kershaw so far. But, with a few more similar years (3-5, but I hope he has another 5-7+ to seal the deal) he is most likely going to make it without question.

Trout certainly is NOT a guaranteed HOFer at this point with only 5 full years under his belt. He has a fantastic start going for him though and odds are pretty good that he'll be able to sustain and make it eventually.

Jjoey52

Feb 12, 2017
And outta Juan gones 17 seasons, 6 were 80gms or less, with luke 4 being 30game seasons. Makes his #'s even more impressive. I think he just had the misfortune of playing in a small market. He only made 3 all-star teams with those numbers. Insane

Juan was a Rhoid monkey and shouldn't be in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Steroid era players shouldn't be excluded due to suspicion, or even admittance, to taking something.

Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and even *gulp* Sammy Sosa deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

There has to be a better voting system available. Baseball writers are historically stupid as a whole, for the most part, and they don't deserve to be trusted with the privilege.

I have no idea how it would work, but I believe the only people who should be given the honor of voting on the Hall of Fame are actual Hall of Famers themselves. I think the only people who are capable of making the correct decisions are those who were actually capable of playing the game themselves, and not some ignorant sport writer who has never even laced up a pair of cleats.

Maybe living Hall of Fame members and all current managers get a HOF vote, or something like that?

There has to be a better system.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Craig Kimbrel has a real shot at the HOF.
He's averaged 40+ saves every year in the league, led the NL in saves his first four seasons, has a 1.81 career ERA and could go over 300 saves this year at age 29.

This season Kimbrel as an .083 ERA and is averaging 2 Ks an inning. He's been pure domination his entire career.

Aroldis Chapman also has a good shot. He's only 29 too, but has almost 100 fewer saves than Kimbrel.

Kimbrel > Chapman. If Kimbrel has another 4-5 solid seasons he's a lock. If he stays healthy and plays long enough he'll even have a chance at the all time saves record. This year he has been nearly untouchable which is nice to see after his past two seasons have been sub par for his standards.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Steroid era players shouldn't be excluded due to suspicion, or even admittance, to taking something.

Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and even *gulp* Sammy Sosa deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

There has to be a better voting system available. Baseball writers are historically stupid as a whole, for the most part, and they don't deserve to be trusted with the privilege.

I have no idea how it would work, but I believe the only people who should be given the honor of voting on the Hall of Fame are actual Hall of Famers themselves. I think the only people who are capable of making the correct decisions are those who were actually capable of playing the game themselves, and not some ignorant sport writer who has never even laced up a pair of cleats.

Maybe living Hall of Fame members and all current managers get a HOF vote, or something like that?

There has to be a better system.

Bonds and Clemens for sure. They will get in soon as their percentages continue to climb.