Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
LOL. Hilarious. Reminds me of Bonds saying, What is cheating?

Bacon- Know what you mean. Competing with Glaus collectors and RC collectors must be tough. I'm glad 98 Tek wasn't Thome's RC or I'd see less of them, which is not many to begin with. If it wasn't for Rich I'd only have 7 Thome Teks. Some of the Glaus cards on Sportlots.com don't have the patterns listed. Could be the one's you need. Good luck finishing the Glaus set!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Topps-Tek-Pattern-42-76-Derrek-Lee-/321407401727?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4ad55fbeff

About the tenth time I've seen this listing. If anyone knows this seller, you might tell him that a BIN of $6.00 is just a wee bit high (better than $3999.99), but the horrible scan absolutely kills all sales. I don't know how you can crease a Tek, but the scan sure makes it look like that. Can't afford a new penny sleeve?
I don't know the seller but I have a sneaky suspicion that he probably thinks or knows that a set collector needs the card. Just my opinion whenever I see a Tek base card like this for sale. Why else would he have a $6 BIN? That's what I call holding hostage and it pisses me off.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I want to give a huge thank you to rinkrat38 for helping me out with my Sandy Alomar Jr. 1998 Tek project. He recently sent me a big pile of them, greatly cutting down the number of cards I still need. Thank you so much.

These are the remaining patterns I need to complete my project: 1, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30, 32, 34, 40, 41, 47, 51, 53, 54, 55, 63, 66, 69, 70, 71, 78, 83, 84, 86, 87, 88, 90. If anyone has any of those, please let me know.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Another 1998 Topps Tek box is on sale on Ebay for $279.99 or best offer. Should be fun to watch. I don't think a Tek box has gone for this much before, but I'm not sure.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Another 1998 Topps Tek box is on sale on Ebay for $279.99 or best offer. Should be fun to watch. I don't think a Tek box has gone for this much before, but I'm not sure.

Listing is now closed. Guy bought both of the seller's '98 Tek boxes at that price BIN. Don't believe the buyer is anyone on this board. He has previously topped my bid at the last second for several other '98 Tek boxes. Can't recall ever seeing him bid on anything else. Maybe a speculator.

Seller, tully22, is in Bedford, NH, a small suburb of Manchester, not far from my home. Tully's is a notorious strip club in Bedford. Don't know if there is a connection. Have to go check it out some night!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Listing is now closed. Guy bought both of the seller's '98 Tek boxes at that price BIN. Don't believe the buyer is anyone on this board. He has previously topped my bid at the last second for several other '98 Tek boxes. Can't recall ever seeing him bid on anything else. Maybe a speculator.

Seller, tully22, is in Bedford, NH, a small suburb of Manchester, not far from my home. Tully's is a notorious strip club in Bedford. Don't know if there is a connection. Have to go check it out some night!
LOL!! Strip club 1998 Topps Tek give-away night?!?!!

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire

Seller is tooly22...thats me!! I wish I owned a strip club and the only strip club we have here in Bedford is the former Mark's Showplace that is now a Gold Club...and to be honest with you, Topps Tek is better looking than most girls I have seen in that place! The guy bought and paid for the two boxes overnight and I woke up a happy guy. I cleaned out a card store that was reducing inventory....bought two boxes of 98 Topps Tek, 2 boxes of 99 Topps Tek and 6 loose packs of 98 Topps Tek that I think I will now open after last night's sale!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Seller is tooly22...thats me!! I wish I owned a strip club and the only strip club we have here in Bedford is the former Mark's Showplace that is now a Gold Club...and to be honest with you, Topps Tek is better looking than most girls I have seen in that place! The guy bought and paid for the two boxes overnight and I woke up a happy guy. I cleaned out a card store that was reducing inventory....bought two boxes of 98 Topps Tek, 2 boxes of 99 Topps Tek and 6 loose packs of 98 Topps Tek that I think I will now open after last night's sale!

Congrats on the sell! Hopefully the singles end up on eBay

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
I originally bought them to rip and then got the bad news after my car inspection that I needed $772 worth of new tires, so it became an easy decision. I will be ripping the leftover 6 packs when I get home this afternoon and will post the results here in case anyone needs them before I add them to my eBay store.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I originally bought them to rip and then got the bad news after my car inspection that I needed $772 worth of new tires, so it became an easy decision. I will be ripping the leftover 6 packs when I get home this afternoon and will post the results here in case anyone needs them before I add them to my eBay store.

Good luck with the tires, hope there is something good in those six packs!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Are you going to rip the 99 Tek boxes?

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
With the cost of the tires, I am most likely going to throw those up on eBay as well. So much for finding a good deal on a great product and actually having some fun ripping wax again! If you are interested, send me a PM.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Quick question: What's the going rate for '98 Tek commons? I seem to remember the "book value" being around $1.25. There's a definite spike in interest and with boxes going for so much, buyers need to recoup some of what they spent.

I've seen Oleruds listed for anywhere from $1.50 to $5.00 online but none seem to actually sell.

- Rodrick

Latest posts