Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AROLDIS CHAPMAN TRADED TO THE YANKEES FOR JAGIELO/DAVIS/COTHAM/RENDA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
I can't be a hypocrite. If it turns out that he is an abuser, I will not root for him even as a Yankee fan. I don't think Greg Hardy should be allowed in the NFL. I haven't read the whole Chapman saga but I wont root for any woman abuser regardless of uniform

I think one of the biggest issues these leagues face in kicking someone out indefinitely is that the women repeatedly settle out of court and don't press charges. Without formal charges there is no crime in the eye of the law. If there is no crime the player's unions would walk out if a league booted someone.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think one of the biggest issues these leagues face in kicking someone out indefinitely is that the women repeatedly settle out of court and don't press charges. Without formal charges there is no crime in the eye of the law. If there is no crime the player's unions would walk out if a league booted someone.

I agree. I hate when money determines crimes. I believe in innocent until proven guilty but I also believe photographic proof of your crime is enough for me not like a player

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
I agree. I hate when money determines crimes. I believe in innocent until proven guilty but I also believe photographic proof of your crime is enough for me not like a player

Ultimately domestic violence probably needs to be at the discretion of the DA, or some other law that prohibits settling out of court to not press charges.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
I didn't think the bullpen was one of the Yankees needs for the off season. The bigger issue for the Yankees is getting to the situation where they can effectively use the bullpen. We'll have to see if there is a further deal or two.

Starters, starters, starters!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Was chapman actually charged with a crime??

"Due to conflicting stories, no cooperating witnesses, and no physical injuries, there is insufficient evidence to charge Mr. Chapman with simple battery .... Since Mr. Chapman fired a gun inside of a closed and unoccupied garage there is also insufficient evidence to charge him with a gun violation."

Full police report here... http://www.scribd.com/doc/292676051/Chapman-police-report#scribd

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
I in truth had totally forgotten about the whole domestic violence thing. If in fact he is an abuser I'm hopping on the "won't root for him" bandwagon. I hope for his and the teams sake he is truly innocent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts