Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fleer Starting Nine Mark McGwire 1/9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragincajun87

Aug 24, 2013
Hi guys, I'm new to the board. I'm trying to get some info on the value of this card. It's a 1999 Fleer Starting 9, 1/9 Mark McGwire. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Ragincajun87

Aug 24, 2013
I'm actually posting here because I did a google search and found someone on here had the same exact card with the same 1/9 serial number. At least I was under the impression that the 1/9 meant 1 of 9 made.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
theres a pic of a 6/9
w_1999--fleer_tradition--s9.jpg

Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
its on [MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] site, not sure its its a member from here or not...... I shot bane50 a email his is the one you put the link up for

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
wooo very nice card!

I'll send you the contact info of the guy you need to contact for that. He's trying to grab all the serial #1 cards of Mac.

If memory serves me correctly, the only one I saw on open auction went over $1500. That was close to 8-10 years ago by now. I really cannot tell you the value of it these days because McGwire cards are a roller coaster in price - though recently they've been bottoming out (for mcgwire collecting standards). I started grabbing some I didn't have for less than half what I expected to pay. I picked up an auto I expected to pay $1k for - for $500 as an example. But there is also a flip side where a 1/1 I expected to go for $200 went for almost $500. It's a crap shoot these days, which honestly is nice because I'm not paying top dollar for everything like I used to, just some!

Do keep in mind though that this card also might have some set collectors interested so that may retain at least some of it's value. I'd honestly just put it up with a high bin and see what offers you get.

Great card!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] - Do you own one already? I'm guessing so.

[MENTION=10639]Ragincajun87[/MENTION] - I'd do exactly what he said... just throw up on eBay for a high BIN (say $1500) and just see what offers come in. No other options really... although I'm always a fan of selling off eBay to a member here for a small discount but given you're new and don't have any connection with the site, I would guess you're out on that idea.

Good luck!

Mac

Ragincajun87

Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I threw it on eBay for 3k, may be outrageous to some, but I don't have to sell the card. Worst case, I hang on to it and pass it down to my kids. Again thank you all for the input and compliments.

I can remember the day I pulled this card. I was 11 or 12 and was at a card show with my dad. I had no idea what I had and asked a few of the sellers what they thought it was worth. Being the kid that I was I'm sure someone could have taken advantage and bought it for $20 bucks. No one really showed interest in it though, thankfully!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
buh wasnt your Question about someone else having a 1/9 of that card??
Lets not kid ourselves guys... He made a FCB account, first post was this thread and his only other posts on the board (5 total posts) are all in this thread... clearly this was only to promote the card. I'm not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing but let's be honest, that was the purpose lol

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just saw your eBay listing... if I were you, I'd take the card out of that stupid screw down case :lol: Spend a few bucks on a one-touch considering you have a card probably worth over $1k and it's something you would "pass down to your kids"

Ragincajun87

Aug 24, 2013
Right, I was doing some searching and ran across that card that looked like it had the same serial. Thought I would sign up for the site being that someone had the same card as I did.

Members online