Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "HOLY CRAP!" end-price thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

That one blew me away also as I was considering going after and even I would not have bid that high. Could be a set collector.
So a group of 1997 Finest Gold Die-Cut Refractors went off last night and sold for an average of $197/card. Many commons hit the $255 bid, gotta love snipes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371015985220?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

How did Wilton beat this card?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/38085517993...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_943wt_1042

Maybe someone glanced at it in the last seconds and thought it was Vladdy a future hofer :rolleyes:

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
It is a cool card but you could probably buy the whole game used belt and still have $500 left over (an option which I would pick 11 out of 10 times). Cards with modern game used items commanding this kind of big money blows my mind when you consider how many uniforms these guys go through in a year (AND THEY'RE STILL PLAYING AND PRODUCING GAME USED MATERIALS!). The big money cards should be those with rare material from the likes of Ruth, Cobb, Clemente, Mantle, (insert long retired HOF name).

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
It is a cool card but you could probably buy the whole game used belt and still have $500 left over (an option which I would pick 11 out of 10 times). Cards with modern game used items commanding this kind of big money blows my mind when you consider how many uniforms these guys go through in a year (AND THEY'RE STILL PLAYING AND PRODUCING GAME USED MATERIALS!). The big money cards should be those with rare material from the likes of Ruth, Cobb, Clemente, Mantle, (insert long retired HOF name).

Completely agree.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

I get what you're saying but in a card landscape of endless parallels and cards that all look the same but are just stamped with a different number.....this is about as unique as anything you will ever see in post 2005 a licensed product.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Yes. One side of the card contains a jumbo jersey swatch and the other side contains a patch. There is a separate COA with a matching UD authentication sticker with serial numbers.

bedard_winning_big.jpg

06_damon_15of40.png

Members online

Latest posts