Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your best card acquisition this year ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
reggiesandersmasterpiececopy.jpg

Overpaid but it was worth it to me.

LOVED Reggie Sanders ! Glad a lot of the 90's guys don't have super dump truck loads of cards, or else I'd be going back and collecting 30-40 players from that time frame.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
Some great pickups all around this year everyone! My top acquisitions of 2012 in no particular order:

/9
001-3.jpg

1/1
002.jpg

One of a kind Sample/Test "Library Card"
killersample.jpg

killersampleback.jpg

/25
001.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
For me it's the cards in my sig. My life has made it such that there is little time for collecting. I decided to pick a single set that I knew would be a real challenge (beyond being limited by finances, a set that is legitimately hard to come across) to provide a goal that would be fun and yet not tie up all that much time. I picked the 2000 APOH 3000 Hit Auto set (as shown in the sig) and it's tough to even locate a copy of any cards in the set (let alone arrange to make an acquisition.)

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I have been buying so many things this year for my Pacific collection. here are some of my favorites

galloway.jpg

chandler.jpg

2002atomic0001.jpg

2002atomic0006.jpg

2011atomic0024.jpg

These came from my buddy SeattlefantilIdie
HasselbeckTitaniumpatch13of15.jpg

HasselbeckTitaniumpatch12of15.jpg

tjwhosyourmomma.jpg

2 for the price of 1 on COMC
dyson1.jpg

dyson2.jpg

vanguardduals0001.jpg

scan0162.jpg

I have some other beauties that I haven't scanned yet, but I think these will suffice.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
I'd have to say that this card is my best card that I have acquired for my collection this year and probably most valuable as well! Enjoy!

001 (20).jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Wow... tough call. I can't even remember for cards but I've picked up 3 more gamers for Erstad this year and a 4th is on the way.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
I'd say my best acquisition is my Nomar Garciaparra Purple Crusades promo (***/100). Not only because it's an extremely rare card, but because I got to work with a great FCB member who sold it to me. Unfortunately, I do not have any scans of that card at the moment. Other than the crusades promo, I would say my Nolan Ryan RC or my Lew Alcindor RC were pretty huge for my collecting goals...overall it's been a great year for my collection. Looks like 2012 treated many FCB members well

Members online

Latest posts