Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many of you use the transactions forums for trading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I have made a few trades on here but nothing compared to the amount I have made @ The Bench. To me, The Bench is so much easier and user friendly when it comes to trading. Their Trade Manager feature is ideal for posting transactions, keeping track of shipping, and leaving feedback when the transaction is complete. That is one thing I wish this site had something similar to. I also think that maybe the transactions forum will get a little more traffic due to the possibility of getting some FCB points for being an active trader.

We also discussed a trade manager.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Well, part of it is what you don't like in your question. It is safer because of protections they have put in place. Having to send first until you reach a certain trade threshold. Having to maintain a certain overall quality rating or having to once again start sending first. Feedback is anonymous and doesn't calculate until you have five trades, so you can't really pinpoint who gave you what rating. It helps eliminate retaliation. It certainly can happen that you get scammed, but they have made it as rare as imaginable.

we eliminate retaliation by not allowing retaliation

Any negative sends an admin email and it's reviewed. If it was purely in retaliation we remove it.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
we eliminate retaliation by not allowing retaliation

Any negative sends an admin email and it's reviewed. If it was purely in retaliation we remove it.

But it doesn't eliminate the fear of a retaliation. Their system is entirely anonymous and if you leave bad marks, they contact you to find out what went wrong. You can figure out who probably dinged you, but you have to leave feedback before it calculates and if you wait too long, you lose the ability to leave negative feedback and their rating goes into your calculation. It is a very well thought out system.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
But it doesn't eliminate the fear of a retaliation. Their system is entirely anonymous and if you leave bad marks, they contact you to find out what went wrong. You can figure out who probably dinged you, but you have to leave feedback before it calculates and if you wait too long, you lose the ability to leave negative feedback and their rating goes into your calculation. It is a very well thought out system.

It eliminates any rational fear of retaliation. If it lasts only a coupke of hours it does not really matter.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Most of my favorite PC items, both Felix Hernandez and HOF stuff has come from members here at FCB. I do much less trading now simply due to not much for my PC is available that others are offering for trade. But when they are, they are typically cards that are tough to get even if found on ebay. I see the current state of the transaction boards being slow due to traffic as well as most are only looking to purchase cards to flip/profit on and those that sell are looking for profit so it is tough to complete sales. For me and over the last few years due to this, I tend to buy prospect based wax at my LCS and will sell at a decent/better than Ebay price here as it seems like you can sell quickly as long as you are open minded to work fairly with people. I also like to trade prospect stuff for PC stuff as I feel I get my share of value as well as hopefully the other end of the transaction feels they got a good deal as well.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I look through the baseball transaction section multiple times a day. I wasn't around back when you guys said it was so much more active, so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm only on one other forum and compared to that one, there is a lot more trading on here than the other forum, sportsgraphing. That one is more geared towards ip/ttm autographs though so that could be why.

I do like the idea of a rewards system for each sucessful trade completed, similar to the new userrewards system that just got implimented. Maybe have a vitural "mall" that you could trade your points for that has unopened packs or cards or really anything sports related. Similar to what sportslots used to have up until this summer. I'd assume it would keep someone real busy staying on top of what would be in the "mall" and shipping everything out and what not, don't know if that would be possible.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I look through the baseball transaction section multiple times a day. I wasn't around back when you guys said it was so much more active, so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm only on one other forum and compared to that one, there is a lot more trading on here than the other forum, sportsgraphing. That one is more geared towards ip/ttm autographs though so that could be why.

I do like the idea of a rewards system for each sucessful trade completed, similar to the new userrewards system that just got implimented. Maybe have a vitural "mall" that you could trade your points for that has unopened packs or cards or really anything sports related. Similar to what sportslots used to have up until this summer. I'd assume it would keep someone real busy staying on top of what would be in the "mall" and shipping everything out and what not, don't know if that would be possible.

That's a good idea to couple with trader of the month. Will discuss what can be done with Chris.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
This thread has already led me to trying the transaction boards again and getting one new Kile card, with another possible. Overall, I am pleased with the new direction.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I have always wanted to see separate transaction forums for people who are dealing in prospects, Bowman Chrome, etc. I collect mainly high end cards and it would make searching the forums much more efficient for me.

Also, I don't mind paying Ebay prices (or more) if the right high end piece comes along. But the problem is that those pieces rarely surface on FCB.

Members online

Latest posts