Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need your opinion on a dilemma i have

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Last year i went with [MENTION=5961]MisterT[/MENTION] to the University of Virginia's baseball charity dinner. They had a silent auction and i won what was told to me to be a game used autographed Ryan Zimmerman UVA helmet from when he played. Which i found out quickly it was not his and he just signed it. It had a number on it and it was a new style of helmet that wasnt around when Zim played.

Anyway i am about 90% certain it belonged to Derek Fisher during the 2012 season based on the number on it and a few possible photo matches. My dilemma is do i wipe off the black sharpie zim auto and have fisher sign it this year? He is going to be most likely a top 15 pick in the draft. Im leaning towards yes because zim has no connection to the helmet other than its UVA and id rather have the signature of the person who wore it even if he amounts to nothing. Plus zim autos are cheap and i own a handful already including a gamer bat.

What would you guys do?

Also any tips to getting sharpie off this helmet without messing up the paint on it? would a Clorox wipe be ok?

EDIT: Disregard. Almost all of Fishers pics with a helmet on has black padding on the inside so im fairly certain its Danny Hultzens. guess im keeping the zim auto on it.

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I think I remember a grapher friend told me that those Axe sprays take marker off, but I've never tried it, so I don't know exactly how it works... I could try to contact him if no one else can provide anymore insight, just let me know

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Darn the more i dig and the more pics i look at, i am more convinced its Danny Hultzens from the 2011 season. Still not bad, but a batting helmet for a pitcher. Plus with his injury who knows if he will be at the dinner this year. Im also having a hard time finding a good clear picture.

thanks for the info guys

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I tweeted Fisher this morning and he DM'd me back saying that the helmet is probably his from his freshman year. He said they got new helmets after that with the black padding instead of the white. I think im going to move forward with removing zims auto.

Members online

Latest posts