Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Two rare, big (literally) vintage pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Was away this weekend, so these beauties were waiting for me

The very rare 1936 Goudey Wide Pen Premium Type 2

And the extremely rare, and large 1935 R309-2 Goudey Premium

This thing is HUGE!

Off to SGC soon!

Thanks for the look

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Was away this weekend, so these beauties were waiting for me

The very rare 1936 Goudey Wide Pen Premium Type 2

And the extremely rare, and large 1935 R309-2 Goudey Premium

This thing is HUGE!

Off to SGC soon!

Thanks for the look
Even "huger" in a slab, too:

cronin39gp.jpg

(Scan does not do the size justice, lol. Love the set though (Mines a 39' R303-B) can't beat the photography!

Keep up the awesome vintage pickups though Brian....incredible to think how large your collection has grown over the past few years. I'm a bit envious. :)

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Thanks guys!

Scotty, I've been fortunate to come across some good deals, and know when to spend and when not to. Definitely feel fortunate to have the opportunities to own these cards.

Also, don't think the R309-2 and R303 are the same, but I'll measure when I get home...

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
You are right, Brian. The 35's are 1.5 x 3" larger...I know my slab is about the size of a computer paper so I can't imagine the size of an R309-2 slab. Can you find a pic of one in an SGC or PSA slab? Can't seem to find one...

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
You are right, Brian. The 35's are 1.5 x 3" larger...I know my slab is about the size of a computer paper so I can't imagine the size of an R309-2 slab. Can you find a pic of one in an SGC or PSA slab? Can't seem to find one...

Negative, but I know that they can be graded. SGC has graded two examples of this card before, so quite rare

Members online

Latest posts