Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Re-Aligning baseball divisions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
As far as the DH goes, only AL pitchers like it because they dont have to bat. NL pitchers like it because when a pitcher is up to bat, it's almost an automatic out and can boost strike out stats and reduced number of pitches to the batter. I like DH but it's where it belongs in the AL.

Fordman
MLB network was talking about the pitchers that can hit last night and suggested an all pitcher home run derby, Hahaha. I'd put money on MadBum

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
As far as the DH goes, only AL pitchers like it because they dont have to bat. NL pitchers like it because when a pitcher is up to bat, it's almost an automatic out and can boost strike out stats and reduced number of pitches to the batter. I like DH but it's where it belongs in the AL.

I rolled my eyes when Scherzer made his comments after Wainwright got hurt.

OF COURSE he wants the DH in the National League, he's spent his entire career in the American League until this season.

His opinion means nothing to me concerning the designated hitter.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
ESPN might suggest this but it is not true. Cards/Cubs are on par with any other rivalry.

People outside of this country, people within this country that don't follow baseball, sports fans from Europe- they all know of the Yankees-Red Sox. Cubs/Cards is a great rivalry that is known to baseball fans.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I kinda dig it, and I agree that while I would do away with the DH altogether, it's adoption in the NL is inevitable.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
not enough time to elaborate on why at the moment , but i definitely do not like the idea of eliminating he 2 leagues with equal number of teams/divisions and i hate the idea of an odd number of divisions overall even more....though i don't see it happening anytime soon , i really think the next change should only be incorporated if the league expands by 2 teams and goes to 8 4-team divisions ...

The elimination of two separate leagues is inevitable and almost here.

I have no problem with Five divisions, and ONE wild-card. But just one...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The elimination of two separate leagues is inevitable and almost here.

I have no problem with Five divisions, and ONE wild-card. But just one...

You really think so ? I don't see it. Realignment and renaming divisions are one thing , but I don't see changes to NL/AL , NFC/AFC , EAST/WEST etc

Ryan

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
You really think so ? I don't see it. Realignment and renaming divisions are one thing , but I don't see changes to NL/AL , NFC/AFC , EAST/WEST etc

I meant two separate leagues in MLB. I'm fine with DH either way, but I think it's inevitable to be in both Leagues, then eventually there won't be two separate leagues IMO. I'm not a fan of that, but sure seems to be headed that way.

And I'm pretty sure the separate league offices have been gone for a while now...

Members online

Latest posts