Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

102 pics from 2014 Donruss series two!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As an '80s collector, I love the idea of the set.
Screw you MLB for not allowing logos. I'd build this set if they weren't airbrushed.

One of my favorite sets ever is 2002 Donruss Originals with the '82, '84, '86 and '88 designs.
I wish they would have followed up the next year with a set featuring the odd numbered Donruss designs.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Agreed austin, I thought Originals was a great idea with the reprinted designs, New old designs and the aqueous parallel (although it should have been stamped as such on the back)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Love the Elite, look like they used the same design as this years' Football, OK with that.

Not a fan of using the '88 design for anything, but everything else looks good to me...

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I really love the look of the Elites, very well done.

But what's up with the green David Ortiz jersey? It looks too dark to be from a St. Patrick's Day jersey....

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Who buys this crap?

It's not crap. It's a decent retro-like product and nice set to work on building without breaking the bank.

I just disagree with releasing a series 2 of it - I could have waited for Donruss 2015 for the next release.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't understand how people can hate this issue.

It is what it is.

It's not a $100 pack
It's not a product loaded with "LQQK MOOOJOOZZZZZ" autos and game used.

It's a retro themed product designed with that in mind.
It's a FULL BOX of cards which you don't have to take out a mortgage out on.

In other words, affordable FUN! Which is GREATLY needed in this hobby.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I gotta say, after breaking most of a case last night, I love this product. The Elite inserts are even better this go around, the autos are nicer and include more big names, and the insert sets are better. I made a nice return on the first series this year (probably came out 20-30% ahead on what I would call an average case) and this one looks to be better. A quality product that shames a lot of the crap Topps puts out. Seriously, I'm done breaking Bowman.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
@D-Lite - did you come across any Frank Thomas cards in your break? I haven't seen a series 2 checklist to know if he's in it.
Not that I recall. I did notice that whereas in Series 1 they had old school players sprinkled in the base and inserts there are none in Series 2 that I've noticed. Interesting shift but I like that 2 is not merely an extension of 1.