Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New COMC Flipping project. Want to help out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
How much does shipping usually cost to send a bunch of cards in to COMC? I am strongly considering doing it just to see how it goes, what's a good amount to send in for a first timer would you say? Also, do you send the cards in sleeves or toploaders?

Just sleeves, they charge extra to remove the cards from top loaders. The cost is whatever your shipping is and then once they process the card (the card goes live) you are charged .25 per card. They used to do a 20 dollar voucher for first time submitters which would allow quite a few cards to be submitted for free. Not sure if they still do that tho.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Just sleeves, they charge extra to remove the cards from top loaders. The cost is whatever your shipping is and then once they process the card (the card goes live) you are charged .25 per card. They used to do a 20 dollar voucher for first time submitters which would allow quite a few cards to be submitted for free. Not sure if they still do that tho.
That voucher sounds nice. How much does shipping usually run to send in a bunch of cards to them?

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
I send in two full 300 ct boxes in a Flat Rate Bubble Mailer for $5.35 - usually around 400-500 cards. Using the flat rates you can send a lot more in for the money. Using a Medium or Large Flat Rate would allow you to send in a lot more for $12-15.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I send in two full 300 ct boxes in a Flat Rate Bubble Mailer for $5.35 - usually around 400-500 cards. Using the flat rates you can send a lot more in for the money. Using a Medium or Large Flat Rate would allow you to send in a lot more for $12-15.

If you can fill medium or large flat rates thats easily the best deal. But you have to have the paypal to upload every single one of those cards at .25 each and thats quite a bit.

I've been sending cards in small flat rate boxes for 5.25. Usually about 150-200 cards so looks like I should change to what you are doing swipe. You just stick two of those boxes into a flat rate mailer and drop it off? Would seem like it would get damaged just in a mailer.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
The mailer I use is the Flat Rate Bubble Mailer - pretty good quality. I penny sleeve all of my cards, put them inside of the 300ct boxes and place them inside the mailer. They hold up very well - haven't had any damaged yet. The mailers are here:

https://store.usps.com/store/browse...0&productId=P_EP14PE&categoryId=priority-mail

If you can fill medium or large flat rates thats easily the best deal. But you have to have the paypal to upload every single one of those cards at .25 each and thats quite a bit.

I've been sending cards in small flat rate boxes for 5.25. Usually about 150-200 cards so looks like I should change to what you are doing swipe. You just stick two of those boxes into a flat rate mailer and drop it off? Would seem like it would get damaged just in a mailer.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
The mailer I use is the Flat Rate Bubble Mailer - pretty good quality. I penny sleeve all of my cards, put them inside of the 300ct boxes and place them inside the mailer. They hold up very well - haven't had any damaged yet. The mailers are here:

https://store.usps.com/store/browse...0&productId=P_EP14PE&categoryId=priority-mail

Thanks for the good info! Could you post a pic of the 300 ct box you typically use? Is that the largest size box that will fit into the priority mailer?

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
If you google 300 count card box, it should show you some good images. I haven't found anything larger that will fit in the flat rates and allow you to mail the same number of cards.

Thanks for the good info! Could you post a pic of the 300 ct box you typically use? Is that the largest size box that will fit into the priority mailer?

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
It costs $0.25 to list each card. When do they charge you this amount? Does it come out of your COMC account balance?

Comes out of your account balance. And they charge for each card once its uploaded and ready to be priced. So when I submit I just calculate how much they will charge me and make sure I have that balance or a little more until the end of the upload period.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Comes out of your account balance. And they charge for each card once its uploaded and ready to be priced. So when I submit I just calculate how much they will charge me and make sure I have that balance or a little more until the end of the upload period.

Thanks. At $0.25 per card that amount can go up really fast if you submit a high number of cards. Isn't there something too where you can switch views that alter the prices on the cards. Not sure what the benefit of that is since I always only buy as of yet I leave it on the default setting.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Thanks. At $0.25 per card that amount can go up really fast if you submit a high number of cards. Isn't there something too where you can switch views that alter the prices on the cards. Not sure what the benefit of that is since I always only buy as of yet I leave it on the default setting.

Yeah theres advanced reselling mode (which is what you want if you are buying to flip) or simplified shipping mode. ( I THINK). Someone else should discuss this tho as I haven't been very good at explaining the differences lol.

Yeah it does add up fast. I typically send in a 150-200 then once I have enough credit from those I submit more etc. etc. So you should technically only be forced to put money from paypal on your account once at the beginning.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
As long as you submit stuff you can sell for more than processing, it should work out. I usually try to make sure I can list a card for close to a dollar.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
As long as you submit stuff you can sell for more than processing, it should work out. I usually try to make sure I can list a card for close to a dollar.

So by that you mean it's pointless to send in base cards? I was thinking of sending in RCs, inserts, and parallels. Don't think I'll send any GU or AU my first go around.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
So by that you mean it's pointless to send in base cards? I was thinking of sending in RCs, inserts, and parallels. Don't think I'll send any GU or AU my first go around.

I still send in some base stuff - rookies especially of better players. Just don't send in a card that has stuff listed for less than .25 already

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL

I grabbed a flat rate envelope from the PO and brought it home but mine is not lined with bubble like the link shows. Is that one free as well? Maybe I just grabbed the wrong one.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I grabbed a flat rate envelope from the PO and brought it home but mine is not lined with bubble like the link shows. Is that one free as well? Maybe I just grabbed the wrong one.

Rabs obviously that is not the one
PO does not put those out
You have to ask for them if they have them in back, also most will only give you 1-2 of them at a time. Order them online for free and they come in about a weeks time based on if you local PO has them or not. You order online and they send the request to your local post office and your carrier will deliver with your mail when they get the request.
Otherwise it gets shipped from St Louis I think and then to you PO and then you.

That's why it says it ships in 3-4 days but can take up to a week to get to you though.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Rabs obviously that is not the one
PO does not put those out
You have to ask for them if they have them in back, also most will only give you 1-2 of them at a time. Order them online for free and they come in about a weeks time based on if you local PO has them or not. You order online and they send the request to your local post office and your carrier will deliver with your mail when they get the request.
Otherwise it gets shipped from St Louis I think and then to you PO and then you.

That's why it says it ships in 3-4 days but can take up to a week to get to you though.

Yeah ordering them online is a bit slower but is worth it IMO. You can get a bunch and they just get dropped at your house.

Latest posts