Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series (formerly ALDS/NLDS...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I've been saying all Playoffs that the trend to go to the bullpen at the first sign of trouble was stupid. It was pretty much a new idea this year, and I feel like most managers were playing copy-cat on the idea.

After all the work the relief pitchers have had, it's no surprise that there's fireworks going on. (Not that the starters did much.)

No argument here.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Such an entertaining series!! For us neutrals ahahah. This is probably a BP wrecker for you astros and dodgers fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Insane game. Insane. Can LA possibly recover from these crushing tight losses? I wouldnt bet on it, but they are dang good too.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Insane game. Insane. Can LA possibly recover from these crushing tight losses? I wouldnt bet on it, but they are dang good too.

It's just a rough matchup for LA... their 3 best SPs are all lefties and Houston is such a lopsided RHH lineup.

edit: so my answer to your question is no ;)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Actually, I'm just here for death's Sig.

Gotta wonder how much this game, despite his great Postseason, is gonna tarnish Kershaw's "legacy". I don't buy it, but I'm sure some will...

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I was fortunate enough to make the game last night . That stadium was about to explode . Amazing experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
This was the best game I've ever seen, in my nearly 30 years of following baseball. The twists and turns were un-freaking-real!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I was fortunate enough to make the game last night . That stadium was about to explode . Amazing experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm jealous.

This was the best game I've ever seen, in my nearly 30 years of following baseball. The twists and turns were un-freaking-real!

Indeed, so many twists and turns, like a well done film. Expect the unexpected. For a moment there I was thinking Jose Altuve would peal off his face like in Mission Impossible, revealing that he was actually Tom Cruise!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I'm jealous.

Indeed, so many twists and turns, like a well done film. Expect the unexpected. For a moment there I was thinking Jose Altuve would peal off his face like in Mission Impossible, revealing that he was actually Tom Cruise!

You have April in your signature! Fun fact, she narrated a grumpy cat christmas movie. She was .. purrrfect for it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

Can't take that energy to Los Angeles so the Dodgers have a chance! ;)

I wonder how many people died of natural causes/old age during the game.

Game was great but would have been more perfect with automated balls/strikes. The HP ump drove me nuts with all the pitches well off the zone being called strikes and especially strike threes and it was a constant commentary.

I did enjoy hearing part of MLB International's Matt Vasgersian's homer call while watching FOX on Puig's homer. I"m guessing their broadcast booths are next door to each other.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
You have April in your signature! Fun fact, she narrated a grumpy cat christmas movie. She was .. purrrfect for it.

April is indeed my favorite recreation!

I did not know that about the cat movie but I'm sure she did it to puuuurfection.

Game was great but would have been more perfect with automated balls/strikes. The HP ump drove me nuts with all the pitches well off the zone being called strikes and especially strike threes and it was a constant commentary.

I'm also rooting for them to implement some sort of automated balls/strikes system in the near future. I seem to be in the minority because most people disagree with me when I bring up my thoughts on the subject matter. Fans seem to like the "human element" aspect but in my mind, if there is technology available that can eliminate human error, we would only be perfecting the game. My least favorite part of baseball is having to sit through a game with an umpire like Angel Hernandez consistently getting the calls wrong, especially when it impacts the outcome. When the game is over, I'd like to think my team won or lost purely based on their performance, with some credit given to the instincts of our manager. I don't want the umpires having any part of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts