Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Insurance on your card collection

When your collection reached what value would/did you insure it

• $10,000+

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • $25,000+

• $50,000+

• $100,000+

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Although I feel I should have done it a long time ago, I haven't insured my card collection. I am meeting with my insurance agent to discuss doing it next week. I would like to get some input from those who have either already done it or have looked into it. All input is greatly appreciated since I don't have a clue going into this. Thanks

When your collection reached what value would/did you insure it?

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I do not have mine insured but am curious what others say or what feedback you get. I am not sure if it would be worth it or not to insure my Belle collection but I would not have a clue what $ value I or an insurance company would put on it. If someone stole my collection or if it was damaged or lost in a situation, I probably would give the hobby up all together but collecting the insurance check would be nice I suppose.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
images65EOI1RJ_zps79722f1f.jpg

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Although I feel I should have done it a long time ago, I haven't insured my card collection. I am meeting with my insurance agent to discuss doing it next week. I would like to get some input from those who have either already done it or have looked into it. All input is greatly appreciated since I don't have a clue going into this. Thanks

When your collection reached what value would/did you insure it?

I talked to Progressive about it, and they essentially said they don't really cover collectibles. They gave me a company to check with, but I can't remember the name at the moment.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I talked to Progressive about it, and they essentially said they don't really cover collectibles. They gave me a company to check with, but I can't remember the name at the moment.

State Farm emailed a few days ago offering insurance for sports collectibles.

Re: Personal Articles policy

As you look around your home, you’ll probably see items that have significance to you. It could be your autographed baseball card
collection, laptop computer, heirloom jewelry, or even a vital piece of medical equipment. Theft limits apply on your Homeowners
policy for certain items—i.e. jewelry $1,500 per item/ $2,500 total (Renters/Condo is $1,000 total).

We recommend to reassess your coverage and make sure your valuable belongings are adequately protected against theft or accidental
damage. Adding a State Farm® Personal Articles Policy (PAP) to your insurance program will provide broader coverage than what is provided
under your homeowners policy.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Collectinsure.com

Good rates, easy people to work with. No excessive paperwork. No outside appraisal needed (at my level anyways)

Do it! I got robbed in 2008 and it was a huge bummer. Got the insurance tight after that.

Members online

Latest posts