Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh, the pain of being outbid on a new find!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Any chance anyone here outbid me on this:

29Asst 92 Columbus Clippers SIGNED PostcardsAusmus, Muelens, G B Williams!

I had no idea this set existed before seeing this auction, I only bid in the off chance of snagging a new, heretofore unknown Hensley Meulens, but now I've been out bid. I suspect it was by a Bernie Williams collector, but either way, I don't want to fight him for one card I want and 28 I don't want. If it is someone here, I'll give you $10 for a Meulens.

Incidentally, I found there was also a similar set, sponsored by Cord Camera in 1993.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Ah that's a bummer! Have you tried contacting the seller? Perhaps you could ask him if he would pass your name along to the buyer?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If that doesn't work, keep an eye out as it said there were multiples of some, including him. Maybe the buyer will try to sell the dupes.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Ah that's a bummer! Have you tried contacting the seller? Perhaps you could ask him if he would pass your name along to the buyer?

I'm planning to do so tomorrow evening, after it is over. I really wish I'd asked him as soon as he posted it if he would break one of the Meulens off and sell it separately. I've had success with that in the past, but just didn't think I'd have much competition on these so I didn't bother.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
buy the set then sell the singles... that way you don't regret missing out on your guy

Or explain the situation to the seller, and ask if, in the event that you win, he will give you the name of the under-bidder. It's a win-win for both you, knowing that you will have someone you can probably sell the excess to, and the seller, who gets another bidder upping the price..

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Congrats! Has to feel great. Obviously nothing came from the original opportunity, as is often the case. I was dealing with someone recently and they just seemed to be stubborn to be stubborn. I tried to make it worth their while and still no luck. I don't understand how someone selling items would not be willing to work out a deal that clearly favors them.