Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Prospect Challenge - How you doing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
The first month of the challenge is over, how are you guys doing?

I've got a little over 1200 points, but I'm not sure if that's good or not.
Nolan Arenado and Jackie Bradley Jr have done awesome for me, Jose Fernandez and Jameson Taillon have struggled. I won't be using any pitchers for May.

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
1273 for me... Did Good with Arenado, Shelby miller, Sano and Rendon... Skaggs is killing me though

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
Site updated again.. Up to 1311... What I don't like is that you can't see scores from the previous month. I'm also curious if they will have the leaders board up anytime soon

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
The first month of the challenge is over, how are you guys doing?

I've got a little over 1200 points, but I'm not sure if that's good or not.
Nolan Arenado and Jackie Bradley Jr have done awesome for me, Jose Fernandez and Jameson Taillon have struggled. I won't be using any pitchers for May.

I assume it was because Bradley was called up that he is doing awesome for you, and not his horrid stats.

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
I assume it was because Bradley was called up that he is doing awesome for you, and not his horrid stats.

You are absolutely right, but I studied the scoring system before it started and intentionally chose guys who were called up or were close. This month I put Wil Myers and Mike Zunino in the lineup, hoping for promotions in a couple weeks.

200 points for a call-up is huge, especially compared to 50 points for a promotion from lowA to hiA

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
I did the same but there is some luck involved... JBJ was not ready for the bigs and it showed.. It can also backfire ... Ex: Skaggs and Billy Hamilton and Profar... Which were all on my roster... Promise no one thought JBJ would be up before them

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
You are absolutely right, but I studied the scoring system before it started and intentionally chose guys who were called up or were close. This month I put Wil Myers and Mike Zunino in the lineup, hoping for promotions in a couple weeks.

200 points for a call-up is huge, especially compared to 50 points for a promotion from lowA to hiA

If you have Mark Montgomery, I'd put him in there.

Shawn Kelley isn't going to last much longer the way he is pitching, and the way Montgomery has pitched his entire career, he isn't going to be in the minors much longer.

Last edited:

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
Hoping Wil Myers gets the call, and maybe George Springer. Profar and Skaggs killed me. Off to a bad start but feel like May will be good. I also unlocked more players. Anyone get a prize yet?

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
well, i started Archie this month so that will the first points i get via milb promotion... i think its going to get a little harder as the year goes on because not tons of prospects get promoted to the bigs during the year.. its usually in may due to the arbitration clock or in september.. i think the middle months will be fairly low scoring

WaxPax

Entered the 2nd of 24 codes from a draft case I busted yesterday, and hit a Blue wave pack....So, was it ever determined that either the code or the timing of the code entry factor into Blue wave pack hits? That question being posed, should I keep entering codes or wait to enter them on another day?

BTW:

YOUR
SCORE
[h=3]3780[/h]
ACTIVE ROSTER
SCORE
[h=3]382[/h]

Last edited:

Members online