Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will the Mets win at least 90 games in 2015?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Yes, seriously. A good friend of mine is defending this erroneous notion. I see why he thinks so on account of the hype around a healthy Harvey, Wheeler and Syndergaard, but these three will not be the savior for this team. The bullpen outside of Mejia, Familia, and Montero is a complete travesty. Outside of Cuddyer (who is nearing the end),Lagares or Murphy, where is the offense coming from? Duda? Eh...Granderson? That park is too big. The NL East Standings last season were separated by six games between the second (Atlanta and New York) and last place team (Philadelphia). In an age where the league is becoming more transparent due to the second wild card and massive increase of steroid testing, the days of 90 win teams will become few and far between as the divisions become more competitive. I was wondering what the FCB Community and Mets fans in particular think about this assumption.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'd be shocked if they didn't win 105 games in the 2015-2016 season.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Hey...that's why you play the games right? You never know what could happen. Good young pitching always helps, they moved the fences in again, so that could help the offense. Do I think they will win 90? Probably not. Could they? Why the heck not? Haha, gotta think positive...

Or should I say...

You gotta believe!

WaxPax

Hey...that's why you play the games right? You never know what could happen. Good young pitching always helps, they moved the fences in again, so that could help the offense. Do I think they will win 90? Probably not. Could they? Why the heck not? Haha, gotta think positive...

Or should I say...

You gotta believe!

I hear ya, but they need to get a true leadoff hitter, they need to figure out their middle infield situation, you hope Wright and Harvey come back to their pre injury performance level, and hope TD'A can continue to get better with the stick.

I get their pitching can take them a long way, but with all the upgrading Miami has done it will hard to win 90 in that division. I know Atlanta and philly are not what they once were, but it will be a challenge....

So, can they win 90? sure....will they? probably not as the team is set right now...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I'm a Mets fan and as I see it no to 90 wins. Not with current roster. A couple more "solid" moves and I say it's possible, but with the Wilpons and Alderson I just don't see it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
They'll finish under .500 - I'd guess around 70 wins. A) They're the Mets and they find a way to lose but B) I don't believe in their offense whatsoever until they prove me wrong. Yes their pitching should be on point but with the injury tendencies in young MLB arms you have to have a lot of depth to win 90 games and I don't believe they have that.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Yanks win. Total will be in the 82 to 88 range. Superstars that are old are still better than old crap that Mets run out there.

Old crap the Mets run out there? Besides Colon, and maybe a bullpen arm or two, who qualifies as "old crap the Mets run out there"?

Latest posts