Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Freedom Cardboard Announces New Management Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
I think change is good. Change is 9 times out of 10 good. Chris is still part of it all, a great team is now here to back it all up and pick the site "back up"...
I haven't been around much the past few months but for personal reasons more than anything else, so I have not seen "the downfall" that others have mentioned.
But if this is the direction Chris and the new management team decided to go, then cool... I wish you all the best and look forwards to continue being a member here.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The hot list and jaypers daily milb were/ is my favorite regular posts on here.

I honestly can't remember not reading one.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Anyone that sees this as a bad thing was going down with the sinking FCB ship.
Chris is a good guy, but had waaaaaaaay too much on his plate to keep this place afloat.
Philly is top notch, Mox is top notch, Wes is top notch.
You all should be ecstatic these three are putting it all on the line to keep this place going.
I agree. This can only be good news.
Now the site can get the attention and leadership it deserves and members can get quicker and more in depth answers to their concerns than the usual cryptic one-sentence answers Chris would give because he was too busy.

Many members, including me, often wrongly assumed that Chris sometimes ignored us or didn't put enough effort into this site, when in reality, he was juggling three jobs and a marriage.
So I apologize for that, and I look forward to the new direction of this site. The three managers are all highly respected and FCB can only get better because of their leadership.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This can only be viewed as a positive. I really haven't been posting much like many others. I have had a few collection buys that I haven't posted for the same reasons jp mentions. Reply and general interest has been down. With the new guys heading up these boards can only be viewed as positives. Not only are they my friends but all are passionate hobby members that get it. I look forward to helping them in anyway I can. It's really up to is the users to bring this site back to what it was. The best boards out there

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Can you guys talk to my employer's IT department?

I haven't posted as much because the site is labeled as "forums".

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
Congratulations to Wes, Tim, and Ken! FCB is my favorite card collecting forum, and it appears to be in good hands with the new management team.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I see this as a very good thing. Glad to see more people with passion and hobby experience coming on board to help move the board forward and help Chris concentrate on the other important things in his life.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have been posting on the general chat side and have posted next to nothing on any other of the boards here on FCB. The boards, including the general boards have become tired, boring and very much non-interesting at this point. I don't check in here nearly as often as I once did because, well, the threads are the same old tired threads for one and I just don't need to see F-bombs allowed in posts anymore. I would assume, as intelligent people, we can all express our point of view without subjecting everyone to gutter language. But I guess if we discuss the same old stuff there is nothing else to spice up the boards except the opportunity to swear like fifth graders on the playground.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I like the less is more approach. I know internet ads help a website and if people buy stuff using the ebay banner. Competing boards have more traffic but they have a wholesale/distributorship business attached to their forum. While they're selling product, they're also promoting their website/forum and it help create a repeat customer base.

The same subjects seem tired and boring because the baseball part of the hobby has become stale with one manufacturer. Football, Basketball, Hockey and non sports cards only appeal to a certain audience where baseball makes up the biggest part of the hobby. We keep having the logo's vs. no logo's; pro-Leaf vs anti-Leaf; heads chopped off looks good vs heads chopped off looks bad (panini) debates over and over to everyone has taken a side and they're not budging.

I read and use the information on the baseball forum to help educate me on lots of items. The general chat forum is what it is and it's what it should be.

But good luck to the new administrators and keep the site going.

Fordman

Members online

Latest posts