Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Fernandez stared at his home run...oh boy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
MLB.com Gameday | marlins.com: Gameday

I would love it if these old school idiots would grow up and use their brains for one second here.

"You can get someone hurt. It was just something that didn't need to happen." - Brian McCann

No Mr. Brian McCann. The pitcher who throws at the batter is getting someone hurt and THAT doesn't need to happen. If the pitcher is that sensitive that he thinks a batter pausing for one second to look at a home run is a good excuse to try and hurt that batter, he needs therapy.

Your thoughts?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I see nothing wrong with what Fernandez did at all. Mike Redmond and what he said in the post game press conference was absolutely ludacris.

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
I see nothing wrong with what Fernandez did at all. Mike Redmond and what he said in the post game press conference was absolutely ludacris.

Completely agree! Fernandez probably posed for a little longer than needed but it wasn't that much longer than what Gattis did (and Gattis threw in the stare right at Fernandez). I was happy the kid did the pose after hitting the bomb!

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010

Completely agree! Fernandez probably posed for a little longer than needed but it wasn't that much longer than what Gattis did (and Gattis threw in the stare right at Fernandez). I was happy the kid did the pose after hitting the bomb!

I am so glad somebody on this site agrees with me on SOMETHING :D

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
The braves are a bunch of losers in this scenario. Chris Johnson yells and talks XXXX to Johnson, why? No clue. The Braves seem like they really like to run their mouths, but then when a pitchers shoves it up their A$$ and hits a bomb, well they can't handle. A bunch of whiney little BITC*ES here. Grow up. Act like men. Does this stuff make them feel tough? Jesus man. Set an example for all of the kids who watch this stuff. This isn't the WWE.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
The braves are a bunch of losers in this scenario. Chris Johnson yells and talks XXXX to Johnson, why? No clue. The Braves seem like they really like to run their mouths, but then when a pitchers shoves it up their A$$ and hits a bomb, well they can't handle. A bunch of whiney little BITC*ES here. Grow up. Act like men. Does this stuff make them feel tough? Jesus man. Set an example for all of the kids who watch this stuff. This isn't the WWE.

Couldn't agree more. Wtf was Johnson doing charging in from third like that? If I was the ump I would have tossed him for that XXXX.

Although I did love that he charged in like a badass and then got BEHIND the ump away from all the Marlins players...:lol:

And then, when everything was all settled he goes back to third, lets out some sort of primal scream, and then starts talking about how he's going to "beat your XXXXing ass right now"...:lol:

What a *****. I thought being a Cubs fan was embarrassing.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
You guys are missing part of the story...Jose spit at or towards Chris Johnson as he rounded third...it may have not been on purpose, but it looked real bad. This was after exchanging words with Chris Johnson when the Braves got out in the top of the inning.

It's all good though...Jose actually tracked down the Braves players and apologized. I'm sure it's behind them.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
You guys are missing part of the story...Jose spit at or towards Chris Johnson as he rounded third...it may have not been on purpose, but it looked real bad. This was after exchanging words with Chris Johnson when the Braves got out in the top of the inning.
It's all good though...Jose actually tracked down the Braves players and apologized. I'm sure it's behind them.
Exactly. The Braves stormed the field because of the spitting towards Johnson. The staring at the home run may have annoyed some Braves, but it was not what angered them so much.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Austin you may be correct on that, but Chris Johnson was a total PU$$ the way he ran over and then positioned himself behind the ump like a little beyatch. He started to take of his glove then kept it on...What in the hell was he thinking? LMAO!!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Speaking of Fernandez, here's a couple of slash lines-

.220/.216/.340
.182/.257/.265

The first one is Fernandez's own batting slash line, the second is the batters he faced.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
We can do w/o the spitting because there was clear intent. The HR stare i dont think many folks will care. You almost gotta give a rookie pitcher some slack. I agree with Skrips post.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
So wait. Did the C Johnson hit/jawing happen before or after the Fernandez HR?

There were some words exchanged between the two after the Braves got out in the top of the inning. Then Fernandez hit the homer and watched it, and when he rounded third he spit in the direction of Chris Johnson.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
He's a rookie pitcher who hit his first home run. I'm fine with him savoring the moment.

Not like he blew the pitcher a kiss or anything.

I remember reading that the pitcher blew Harper a kiss after he struck him out in the at bat before. It's kind of bs that he still gets a bad rap for that when Harper was merely returning the favor.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
There were some words exchanged between the two after the Braves got out in the top of the inning. Then Fernandez hit the homer and watched it, and when he rounded third he spit in the direction of Chris Johnson.

Johnson should've worried about making contact against Jose than discussing off-season plans. Johnson is a major ***** for doing what he did when Commissioner McCann decided to be a 'veteran' presence as Jose crossed home plate.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Johnson should've worried about making contact against Jose than discussing off-season plans. Johnson is a major ***** for doing what he did when Commissioner McCann decided to be a 'veteran' presence as Jose crossed home plate.

I'm not sure what the issue is here...Fernandez actually apologized to Johnson after the game because he knows he was in the wrong. Heck pretty much every Marlin including the manager believes that Fernandez acted immature out there. People are making a huge deal out of this when both teams have already put it behind them.

Members online