Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Box should be going to 200lb, then to Mier in NV to get it back on track. The order is in post #46 and should have matched the PM. if it did not, I do apologize for that. I don't have a copy of it anymore. I will move the order to post 1.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Nice Rum! Glad you found some stuff in there you could use! It was mostly sitting collecting dust in my house. Looking forward to seeing what cool stuff finds its way back to me!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Just got the box. I'll go through it today/tonight and get it back out tomorrow.

To keep everything in the same size box, get rid of the broken plastic cases and keep things in better shape, I'll probably shift a lot of the "bulk" stuff into standard cardboard card boxes. Hope that's cool with everyone.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Okay, I've PM'd everyone who had a batch taped together and marked with their name so that the space in the box opens back up for more stuff. It's an additional step for sure, but it didn't seem to make sense to continue to carry these things in the box when they are specifically for other people.

Once I get the addresses...everything will be on the way.

I'll also post up photos of what I took out and what I put in, along with a DC#.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Okay, I've PM'd everyone who had a batch taped together and marked with their name so that the space in the box opens back up for more stuff. It's an additional step for sure, but it didn't seem to make sense to continue to carry these things in the box when they are specifically for other people.

Once I get the addresses...everything will be on the way.

I'll also post up photos of what I took out and what I put in, along with a DC#.

Those items were marked for them to get first dibs but if they didn't want all of them they are to stay it the box for others to possibly take. I Just followed the rules that if we had specific members in mind to mark for them first. But either way guess it will work out. I know I've spent well over $200 in shipping between the 2 threads so I wasn't trying to spend another $30 to send out 6 seperate packages including the flat rate. Plus I was trying to make sure it was full. It was def hard to fit everything in there, I even took out the 3 largest items to make room

Last edited:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I just tried adding stuff for all the members after me and wanted each person to get something from me, as i got stuff with certain members in mind. Thought that was the whole idea was to put stuff specifically off the list of collection wants that was posted.

I guess when they get the separate packages whatever they don't want they can throw back into the box when they get it.

Last edited:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff, I was in no way "busting" on you for the generous inclusions marked for specific people. Not in the slightest so I don't want you to take it that way.

I've packed up the five "specific" lots and those, along with the box just went out. Also, the "bonus" envelopes were obviously sent by me, but marked that they're from Jeff/rum so that there's no confusion.

The USPS tracking number of the box is 9405509699937630273880.

Here are a couple pics...

What the beast looks like when I opened it...chock full of stuff...
box-1.png

Here's what I took out...
box-itook.png

Here's most of what I put back in...
box-iputback.png

I consolidated most of the "loose" cards and plastic boxes with two 550ct or so boxes. Gives a lot more more and some solid structure for the box. It's still a beast and stuffed to the rafters.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Jeff, I was in no way "busting" on you for the generous inclusions marked for specific people. Not in the slightest so I don't want you to take it that way.

I've packed up the five "specific" lots and those, along with the box just went out. Also, the "bonus" envelopes were obviously sent by me, but marked that they're from Jeff/rum so that there's no confusion.

The USPS tracking number of the box is 9405509699937630273880.

Here are a couple pics...

What the beast looks like when I opened it...chock full of stuff...
View attachment 15807

Here's what I took out...
View attachment 15808

Here's most of what I put back in...
View attachment 15809

I consolidated most of the "loose" cards and plastic boxes with two 550ct or so boxes. Gives a lot more more and some solid structure for the box. It's still a beast and stuffed to the rafters.

no worries, just wanted everyone to get something nice in the box, and whatever they didn't want to add back in, which will still work out. I sent you a separate package too did you get it yet?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Clearly I'm not in on this but I'm subscribed to the thread. Thought I'd say this is really cool. Nice job guys! Great group involved with this.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
If still available I'd like to be in:
I only really want pre-1970 cards but have a large amount of cards which can be used to trade -- see the birthday gifts I have given through our bday club.

Rich

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
If still available I'd like to be in:
I only really want pre-1970 cards but have a large amount of cards which can be used to trade -- see the birthday gifts I have given through our bday club.

Rich

We can get you into the next round... This one is already full of participants. Send me a pm with your address info and what you collect and I wil already have it when we get ready to roll again. Bill

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Who has the box? I got a package from 200 lb. yesterday with cards from Jeff, so the box must have made its way to the next person after Mike by now.

Jeff, man, that's some good stuff!!! I gabe the Orioles cards to my son and he liked them very much. He says thank you! We chatted for a bit about Brooks and Palmer b/c he didn't know who they were. Than you for the Sox/Nats too! Very kind of you!

Last edited:

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Hi guys I just got the box I haven't had a chance to even open it yet. Hopefully I will get a chance to open this beast soon, Just as a heads up for the group I won't be able to mail the box back out until Friday the 19th, I work 12 hour shifts Monday- Thursday this week 530 AM to 530 PM so there is just no way I can get to the post office until then. Sorry for the slight delay I was really hoping it wouldn't arrive until later this week when I had more time to get to the post office. However I promise it will go out on Friday. I will take some photos of course of everything that goes in and out. Thanks to Rum151 for the great Ivan rodriguez cards, I will get a scan of those up as well, I'll be sending a small thank you your way.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
damn guys I had a mix up I somehow accidently marked [MENTION=2915]spikes[/MENTION] cards with [MENTION=4092]mmier118[/MENTION] name on it and I believe [MENTION=4787]sruchris[/MENTION] somehow got the package that was supposed to be for [MENTION=4092]mmier118[/MENTION]. I only made up packs for the 5 after me so sorry to [MENTION=4787]sruchris[/MENTION] any way you could ship that package to [MENTION=4092]mmier118[/MENTION] and ill send you the shipping cost. please let me know thanks.

[MENTION=4092]mmier118[/MENTION] is going to throw the pack back in the box for [MENTION=2915]spikes[/MENTION] he pm'd me and thought maybe I made a mistake. hope we get it all squared away....... sorry guys

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
& [MENTION=4787]sruchris[/MENTION] ill send you some stuff from your list as well. once again sorry for the hassle::facepalm::

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Hi just wanted to make a quick update I just dropped the box off at the post office and it is on it's way to Florida. I will make another post tonight with what I took out and what I put in to the box. Along with some other pictures of the box. Anyways just wanted to make a quick update.

Members online

Latest posts