Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Jeff Bagwell Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I like the Pasttime signatures, but really? Same card, diff color foil? Lower print run? Come on...

Yeah, I thought they would do a little more to differentiate them, like background color, or color of ink signed with. But at least they are on card, the photo is nice. And they were acutally made. I hope they end up making the 2009 Donruss Elite auto, I've been holding out hope for almost 5 years.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Good stuff Dan and Nate. Glad you finally got the steel!

Dan, I agree about the cards. They do look nice and I'm glad they made them. I've only got the select auto from panini so far. I still don't know about topps though. They scare me. Haven't nutted up to try theirs. And what's up with the 2009 elite? I didn't even know about that. Was there a non auto version too? Five years is a long time so I'm not sure it'll happen. Hopefully it works out for you though.

Btw, I'll pm you later about the 2003 topps black if it's not already claimed.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks guys... I'm so glad to finally knock it off my list! Now I have 9 steels of other players to try and move to see if i can make up some of the money i paid to get it!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
[MENTION=9871]timtom[/MENTION], [MENTION=1742]predatorkj[/MENTION]

I just got a message from my Bagwell PC nemesis from the 90s, goakes01. I dont know if you guys did Ebay back when you could actually see the name of the person you were bidding against, but we go way back. I even sold him a chunk of my PC when I was saving up to get married.

Anyhoo, here is what he sent me...

IXhave a massive Bagwell collection of over 9200 items (worth over $100,000). Everything from nearly all of his cards to autographs, proofs, posters, bats, jerseys, press plates, samples, reserves, masters, uncut sheets, panels, errors, programs, media guides, caches, skeds, bobbleheads, bears, cereal boxes, Starting Line-ups, pins, games, exhibitor passes, on and on. I'm retiring and need to sell the collection. There is no way I want to try and sell this much through eBay. If you or anyone you know has an interest in striking a deal for everything, please let me know. Gene

I instantly thought of you two, mainly because your pockets are deeper than mine ;-)

If you want his contact info, lmk

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Would love to get involved, but I don't have anywhere near that kind of money at this time, especially getting married in a couple of months. But I do hope some of that stuff ends up on ebay.

Dan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Likewise. He's gonna have to piece some of it out. He'll end up wanting so much for it that most of us will have to stay away because we'd end up having half of the items already if sold in a lot. Best thing to do is seperate the stuff that'll go for money from the fodder. Sell the fodder as a lot. Because as it stands, I don't know of anyone looking to pay $100 g's, $50 g's, or even $25 g's for a Bagwell collection. No matter the size.

I would however like to talk to him to find out if he will piece it out and his prices on stuff. And yes, I've seen his user name before somewhere.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Ur welcome Aaron. I found the game that it came from while thrifting, and I knew it was in there because another fcb member gave me mine well over a year ago. Another addition to the PC!

And I saw the Gypsy Queen listings last night. Ordered the blue and the mini...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts