Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mid January FCB Hot List is up! Come read it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I can imagine the Rey autograph redemption battles now. "We can see on ebay redemptions sell for $2000 but unfortunately Miss Ridley has not yet signed so here's a sig of a guy who played a random Ewok."

I'm glad I didn't get into Tek like I thought I might. Non-sports people are the worst when it comes to competing for autos. Imagine if it was actually a great movie.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I can imagine the Rey autograph redemption battles now. "We can see on ebay redemptions sell for $2000 but unfortunately Miss Ridley has not yet signed so here's a sig of a guy who played a random Ewok."

I'm glad I didn't get into Tek like I thought I might. Non-sports people are the worst when it comes to competing for autos. Imagine if it was actually a great movie.

I thought it was pretty good.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
Yeah, it was damn good. Not sure if drop two large on a redemption though...

I'm glad that Star Wars fans will now join us sports cars collectors as those disenchanted by Topps redemption issues. I'll be grabbing my popcorn for sure if Topps screws this up and this doesn't end up as Daisy Ridley.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
In all honesty, I'm kind of turned off with the newer movie stuff as far as cards go. I collect cards. I love movies. But I rarely go after movie cards. Are they cool? I suppose. But they just don't do it for me. I first purchased some back when X-Men came out and pulled a Wolverine movie worn relic and an Ian Mckellen auto. For some reason, it's just didn't grab me(though I did like the auto). I sold that auto for like $20 unfortunately when I let my comics go. People are asking $100+ for it right now. In any case, the one thing I used to like about movie cards is they usually had a simple set with maybe a few insert sets and that was it. This new stuff of parallels and crap is not what I would want. The autos are ok for folks who can't necessarily get an actor's auto any other way and I agree with them being in. Problem is you end up with a bunch of no namers. I really wish the problems and stupidity we face as sports card collectors did not breach the non-sports areas. Sadly it does which is why I won't but the movie cards. High Tek Star Wars is ridiculous. Just have a base set, couple of insert sets, and small auto checklist of main stars only.

Just my opinion.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Great write up as always happy to read well written commentary on the hobby, and thanks for the shot at the "billy" autograph, even though I was a little late to the party for that lol