Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Grabbed a 1990 Hasbro WWF Wrestling ring. Missing the flag and turnbuckle, but got it for only $1.50. I listed it on craigslist for $40 OBO.

Also got a brand new Mark McGwire commemorative baseball for $2.

Went yesterday after the card show and found an N64 w/blue controller for $35. The kicker is it had Ocarina of Time as part of the package. I really wanted the game but they wouldn't sell it to me separately. $35 isn't a terrible price, but the system is the standard grey. Had it been a Fun-Tastic that I needed, I would have been all over it.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Went out this morning and hit up my usual two Goodwills I hit every Monday Morning. I left a few behind. Passed on a couple of A's SGAs since the players arent with them anymore. I have a couple in my inventory already that havent moved, so I didnt want to sink any extra into more. I also passed on some college items. It seems for me I have a hard time moving College. I have a few Tar Heels items and Notre Dame that get zip for views. And even Ohio State. But I couldnt pass up a New Alabama shirt, and I added another Cal shirt to the inventory. Someday they will go I suppose...

The Field of Dreams T Shirt is cool. Couldnt pass that up.

20140331_105234_zps0d2b3f09.jpg

Last edited:

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
I decided to try the Instagram thing since rum is having some success. I only have a few pictures up right now but I guess I need some followers before I sell anything :D

If anybody wants to take a look I am oiccup41

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I just started listing tons of stuff and using the # for everything I listed. & people will search items by the #'s and find your items then usually start following you. I also found a lot of other vintage guys, sports guys, thrift shoppers ect started following them and then they follow back.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Grabbed a 1990 Hasbro WWF Wrestling ring. Missing the flag and turnbuckle, but got it for only $1.50. I listed it on craigslist for $40 OBO.

Also got a brand new Mark McGwire commemorative baseball for $2.

Went yesterday after the card show and found an N64 w/blue controller for $35. The kicker is it had Ocarina of Time as part of the package. I really wanted the game but they wouldn't sell it to me separately. $35 isn't a terrible price, but the system is the standard grey. Had it been a Fun-Tastic that I needed, I would have been all over it.

What Funtastic colors do you have? I picked up an Ice Blue last year in a lot for $10 at a yard sale. I've had a Watermelon Red for years. My Friend picked up a dinged up Grape Purple last week for $25 at a flea market. None of these are for sale just curious.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
What Funtastic colors do you have? I picked up an Ice Blue last year in a lot for $10 at a yard sale. I've had a Watermelon Red for years. My Friend picked up a dinged up Grape Purple last week for $25 at a flea market. None of these are for sale just curious.

All I have is the Watermelon Red.

It's my goal to get all of the different colors with their respective controllers. I'd love to get some of the special editions as well, but some of those go for insane amounts of money.

I could definately just get them on eBay, but it's more fun (and cheaper) to wait on them at craigslist or the thrift shops.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Here are some of the Jordan posters I picked up. Some in pretty decent shape, some kinda average. I haven't taken pics of the "Wings" poster or the door length posters. Some of the posters are laminated so I'm not sure how that affects the value.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    938.8 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    879.2 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    957.6 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    921.1 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    923.8 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    967.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    682.3 KB · Views: 38

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
There was also a couple of Barry Sanders posters. Didn't take pics but they these exact ones.
image.jpgimage.jpg

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Here are some of the Jordan posters I picked up. Some in pretty decent shape, some kinda average. I haven't taken pics of the "Wings" poster or the door length posters. Some of the posters are laminated so I'm not sure how that affects the value.

Awesome collection of posters.

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
Just bought about 2000 Magic cards at Goodwill for $49.99. I don't know anything about Magic but I have a friend who knows a little about them so he convinced me to go half with him. We quickly went through them during our lunch break today, found a few $5-15 dollar ones.
I think that I have a lot of work ahead of me to go through these and price them. :D

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Just bought about 2000 Magic cards at Goodwill for $49.99. I don't know anything about Magic but I have a friend who knows a little about them so he convinced me to go half with him. We quickly went through them during our lunch break today, found a few $5-15 dollar ones.
I think that I have a lot of work ahead of me to go through these and price them. :D
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]

Members online