Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
He has to be up there with the biggest busts of all time....so much potential, so little to show for it. He was ranked in the BA top 20 3 years in a row, ouch.

Those 40 something bombs n single A made him a HOF lock. Because I'm a moron I still pick up some of his stuff now and then hahaha

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
any idea how far down Brett Eibner should be? There was talk of him being in the mix in the outfield coming into spring training.

Rick (Kansas City): Do you think Bret Eibner has a chance to be the everyday right fielder for the Royals this year?

J.J. Cooper: Not as an everyday guy. Paulo Orlando and Jarrod Dyson are going to get playing time as well, but Eibner is now part of that conversation.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I guess I'll reiterate the comments section.....where the hell is Jacob Nottingham on that list??
[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION]413 (IL): Thanks for the chat, Jim. How close did Jacob Nottingham come to cracking the top 10, and what are your thoughts on his skills behind the plate?

Jim Shonerd: Nottingham was close. I basically had three guys for two spots at the back of the top 10 with him, Meisner and Munoz. Nottingham’s going to get there because of his bat, it’s just a matter of whether he can get his defense good enough that you can live with him behind the plate. Otherwise he’s a first baseman. He does have the arm for a catcher, but he’s not particularly agile and has lapses in focus. Good news is he’s just 21, but I can see this turning into a situation where a catcher gets moved because his bat is too good for the team to wait for his defense to catch up.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If anyone's interested, I will have my personal top 100 list finished after this weekend.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
If anyone's interested, I will have my personal top 100 list finished after this weekend.
Looking forward to it JP!

As for Nottingham, I think that with his bat at a premium position, he should have definitely made the top 10. I don't think it's fair to punish him for maybe not being able to stick as a catcher....sure he's never going to be a Yadier Molina behind the dish, but until he is a permanent first basemen he should be #9 or 10.

Members online

Latest posts