Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RAFAEL DEVERS CALLED UP TO THE RED SOX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Someone should tell Hoskins he's not in the minors anymore, another dinger today. I see a bigger regression coming for him than Devers once scouts/pitchers get a longer look, but he has been very impressive thus far!

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
There is currently another rookie with nearly half the at-bats as Devers and the same amount of home runs who gets little coverage, except by [MENTION=7150]scotty216brs[/MENTION] that is.....Rhys Hoskins ;)

But Hoskins is 4 years older than Devers

WHO CALLED THAT ONE?! Been trying to hype the kid up for over a year now haha. Drove me crazy when scouts said his AA power was a product of his ballpark. Granted he hit more HR at home, but still was solid on the road....but his most telling splits last season were a 1.024 OPS vs. LHP and a .920 OPS vs. RHP (this season in AAA it's .895 OPS/LHP and a .992 OPS/RHP). Any power hitter who does not have platoon splits should have a very productive career. Love seeing him light it up right out of the gate!! Hoskins and Devers starting All Stars 2018, you heard it here first!!! #hypeee

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
WHO CALLED THAT ONE?! Been trying to hype the kid up for over a year now haha. Drove me crazy when scouts said his AA power was a product of his ballpark. Granted he hit more HR at home, but still was solid on the road....but his most telling splits last season were a 1.024 OPS vs. LHP and a .920 OPS vs. RHP (this season in AAA it's .895 OPS/LHP and a .992 OPS/RHP). Any power hitter who does not have platoon splits should have a very productive career. Love seeing him light it up right out of the gate!! Hoskins and Devers starting All Stars 2018, you heard it here first!!! #hypeee

I could see Devers barring any regression because Boston fans can make a difference in the vote, we tend to be an overbearing bunch at times.
I believe in Hoskins, don't misjudge my statement. I think his regression will be bigger and I think he will be overlooked on a middling Phillies team next year. He could be a reserve but I don't see him being elected over a Rizzo or Gold etc... Kid has a big future though it seems

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

I have given him the nickname "The Bomb Igniter".

My first instinct was to nickname him "The Suicide Bomber" but I felt that would not go over all that well....

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I have given him the nickname "The Bomb Igniter".

My first instinct was to nickname him "The Suicide Bomber" but I felt that would not go over all that well....

tenor.gif

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Devers needs to stop eating. He's gained 30+ pounds since last year, and not just because he's a growing young man. And at the hot corner, he's going to be the next Panda Sandoval if he doesn't watch his weight. Dude's a little soft.

Chin021317SpringTrainDay1_Spt35.jpg

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Devers needs to stop eating. He's gained 30+ pounds since last year, and not just because he's a growing young man. And at the hot corner, he's going to be the next Panda Sandoval if he doesn't watch his weight. Dude's a little soft.

Chin021317SpringTrainDay1_Spt35.jpg

He actually runs pretty good for a big fella....but that was my one concern with him long term. But honestly I want the Sox to sign Moustakas at 3B and Devers be our long term DH.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I'd be willing to bet the pressure is on Chili Davis to help Devers adjust right now. I wonder who's breathing down his neck the most?

Members online

Latest posts