Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Leake Traded to the Mariners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
DiPoto does not sleep.

Return not yet known.

Potentially good news for Flaherty.

[MENTION=7150]scotty216brs[/MENTION] [MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION] [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Mariners get Leake, Cash, and Intl Slot Money for INF Rayder Ascanio.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Great move by the Cardinals.

Leake is/was/always will be a bum.

Mozeliak was an idiot for giving him that contract in the first place.

The Cardinals are setting up for another move down the line with the trades they’ve made this season. Well, the two trades with Seattle, because that’s all they’ve done.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Leake is/was far from being a bum and has been productive for the Cardinals rotation. Probably not the best contract but the Cardinals got their money's worth until this trade.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Ascanio is one of the few nuts players I didn't get to sign for me. Hope he does well for st Louis

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Leake is/was far from being a bum and has been productive for the Cardinals rotation. Probably not the best contract but the Cardinals got their money's worth until this trade.

I actually just heard that some of the Cardinals had some stuff come up missing from their lockers, and all signs pointed to Leake.

leake_mug.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
This whole move was set up by the O'neill - Gonzales trade robbery the M's allowed the Cards to slam on them. Only when he blew up did they need to go back to the Cards to get ripped off again :lol:

....only this trade wont be as bad, nothing will be as bad as the O'neill trade.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

I've never been a huge fan of him, although I wouldn't consider him a bum either. My take on him is that he's an average major league pitcher who has good command but relies on contact and fills in as a #3 type. Puts up a FIP around 4.00 most seasons and good for 1-2 WAR.

If the Cardinals are eating most of the contract then I'm surprised they got so little in return, however if the Mariners are taking on a vast portion of it then I'm not as surprised. Regardless which it is, I'm glad the Cardinals made this move because it opens up a spot for Flaherty who I have been aching to remove from my minor league roster and onto my major league fantasy team.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
This whole move was set up by the O'neill - Gonzales trade robbery the M's allowed the Cards to slam on them. Only when he blew up did they need to go back to the Cards to get ripped off again :lol:

....only this trade wont be as bad, nothing will be as bad as the O'neill trade.

Nothing’s worse than the Mariners giving Jeff Weaver a 13 million dollar contract after he left St. Louis.

Jeff’s the OG bum.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I've never been a huge fan of him, although I wouldn't consider him a bum either. My take on him is that he's an average major league pitcher who has good command but relies on contact and fills in as a #3 type. Puts up a FIP around 4.00 most seasons and good for 1-2 WAR.

If the Cardinals are eating most of the contract then I'm surprised they got so little in return, however if the Mariners are taking on a vast portion of it then I'm not as surprised. Regardless which it is, I'm glad the Cardinals made this move because it opens up a spot for Flaherty who I have been aching to remove from my minor league roster and onto my major league fantasy team.

Rosenthal is reporting the Cardinals are eating 17 million.

Mozeliak was just interviewed on the Cardinals pregame and said he wouldn’t get into specifics, but the club is eating some of the contract.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Nothing’s worse than the Mariners giving Jeff Weaver a 13 million dollar contract after he left St. Louis.

Jeff’s the OG bum.

Throwing away 13mil doesn't probably crack the M's top 10 list of stupidity... (due to not killing the future) :benson:
One thing is clear though, that 07 Mariners team was the shttiest 88 win team of all time. how does a team go 88-74 and get outscored by 20 runs? :lol: Also ton of unlikable players, F that team.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

Exactly and if you look at their rotation since his time in St. Louis, he is what they needed. With the emergence of Weaver and the option to add Flaherty, his services are no longer a part of their plans but I would have expected a better return from a team that is now seeking what St. Louis was a couple of seasons ago.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Umm.. don't forget the M's made a trade with the Orioles back in 2008..

M's recieved Erik Bedard from the Orioles for the following...Adam Jones, George Sherrill Chris Tillman, Kameron Mickolio, and Tony Butler..

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I'm glad this happened. He was always just another average pitcher who pitched to contact, and relies on his defense to make plays. I thought Cardinals overpayed when he was signed. Yeah, the return is not much. Now this opens up a spot for Flaherty or someone else.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas

Jeff’s the OG bum.
It was $8.3 million, the same he made with the Angels the year before and a million less than he made with the Dodgers a couple years before. I'm not sure why you keep writing $13 million in different threads and act like he got some big undeserved raise. He won the deciding game in the World Series for you. Why so bitter and making up numbers?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It was $8.3 million, the same he made with the Angels the year before and a million less than he made with the Dodgers a couple years before. I'm not sure why you keep writing $13 million in different threads and act like he got some big undeserved raise. He won the deciding game in the World Series for you. Why so bitter and making up numbers?

Sir, this is Trump’s America, what you’re saying is fake news.

The truth is what I say it is.

That’s how things work now.

😐

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts