Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "Official" Houston Astros Collectors and Fans Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Are we ever going to beat the Rangers. Are they like the Golden State Warriors now? Very frustrating. They were on a pretty good run there too before they went to Arlington.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I'm surprised no Astros fans have been posting on here since they clinched the division!

Since I'm a D-Backs fan I may have a team who makes it to the playoffs so I'll have to root for them but if/when they are eliminated, the Astros will be the other team I'll root for to win the World Series (unless of course the D-Backs make it)

Justin Verlander is a beast and you guys should be happy to have him. From what I've heard from all the chatter it looks like he'll be your ace in the postseason and take game 1. Obviously Keuchel will pitch the 2nd game but who will be the other starter you have in the rotation? I'm assuming it's McCullers but I know he's been dealing with injury issues lately so I don't know his current status.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Some shots of the celebration for you hardcore Stros fans [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION] [MENTION=1742]predatorkj[/MENTION] [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] [MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION] & of course the biggest Houston fan alive [MENTION=19223]johnryno[/MENTION]

I suppose I can include [MENTION=11981]WCTYSON[/MENTION] on the list since he lives there.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I'm surprised no Astros fans have been posting on here since they clinched the division!

Since I'm a D-Backs fan I may have a team who makes it to the playoffs so I'll have to root for them but if/when they are eliminated, the Astros will be the other team I'll root for to win the World Series (unless of course the D-Backs make it)

Justin Verlander is a beast and you guys should be happy to have him. From what I've heard from all the chatter it looks like he'll be your ace in the postseason and take game 1. Obviously Keuchel will pitch the 2nd game but who will be the other starter you have in the rotation? I'm assuming it's McCullers but I know he's been dealing with injury issues lately so I don't know his current status.

Thanks for the mention and I do enjoy watching the Astros but I'm a bigger fan of talent over any team allegiance. McCullers is day-to-day, so we will see where he fits if he can get a start or two before the regular season ends. Otherwise, Charlie Morton? The Astros have their middle relief/long relief locked down, so their need to have a starter take on a lot of innings early in the playoffs shouldn't be much of a factor.

I feel like in the NL, the Nats and Dodgers take up a lot of attention but the D-Backs are extremely dangerous and I will be looking to them to deflate those big dogs. Should be a lot of fun going forward. And I still hate the one game wild card play-in.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Thanks for the mention and I do enjoy watching the Astros but I'm a bigger fan of talent over any team allegiance. McCullers is day-to-day, so we will see where he fits if he can get a start or two before the regular season ends. Otherwise, Charlie Morton? The Astros have their middle relief/long relief locked down, so their need to have a starter take on a lot of innings early in the playoffs shouldn't be much of a factor.

I feel like in the NL, the Nats and Dodgers take up a lot of attention but the D-Backs are extremely dangerous and I will be looking to them to deflate those big dogs. Should be a lot of fun going forward. And I still hate the one game wild card play-in.

The D-Backs are a team where all the position seem to get hot and cold at the same time and when they're hot this team can beat anyone. But when they get cold, if the pitching can't hold the opposing team to less than 2 runs then we're going to lose. Luckily the starting pitching has the best ERA in the NL. Greinke, Ray & Godley are an amazing 1-2-3 punch but most people are only aware of Greinke (due to the little coverage the team gets).

I get what you are saying about individual talent. I generally feel the same way when neither the Braves or D-Backs are in contention. I focus all my attention on what specific players (mostly young talent) across the league are doing and follow the stats religiously because I'm a geek like that. But on a year like this when one of them are actually doing well I watch the games daily.

But I still do have an allegiance to a couple teams.

I forgot this thread existed!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I've probably made the majority of posts in it and I'm not even an Astros fan! I must have had an Astros pitcher on my fantasy team last year. Can't remember, don't care to scroll through it at the moment (I do have Reddick this year)

Members online

Latest posts