Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

J.D. Martinez Signs a 5-Year $110M Deal With the Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Morosi @jonmorosi
J.D. Martinez’s deal is $110 million over 5 years, sources say. Contract is front-loaded prior to opt-out.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
NOOOOOOOOOO00000000000oooooooooooo!

I never actually thought the D-Backs had a legit shot at keeping him but now that it's official, I'm a sad panda.

Whatever happened to all those rumors and Boras asking prices in the $150-$200 million range? lol

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Good news from Steve Gilbert at least: "#Dbacks not necessarily done looking for outfield help. Were going to sign Dyson regardless of what happened with J.D. Martinez."

Not that I don't like Dyson as a 4th outfielder, but would like a little more oomph in the lineup to cover for Jake Lamb's annual second-half slump.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Hahahah yes! Good luck Sox. Glad they wasted their money on him.

With the right expectations I think it's fine. They won the division without him. I don't expect him to play 150 games. I don't even know if he will be there all 5 years but he can add 30 homers and aid a few win streaks between DL stints...im in.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
NOOOOOOOOOO00000000000oooooooooooo!

I never actually thought the D-Backs had a legit shot at keeping him but now that it's official, I'm a sad panda.

Whatever happened to all those rumors and Boras asking prices in the $150-$200 million range? lol

You can be upset about it, but mentioning anything about any "panda" in a BoSox FA thread is just below the belt level wrong...:cool:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Good news from Steve Gilbert at least: "#Dbacks not necessarily done looking for outfield help. Were going to sign Dyson regardless of what happened with J.D. Martinez."

Not that I don't like Dyson as a 4th outfielder, but would like a little more oomph in the lineup to cover for Jake Lamb's annual second-half slump.

Behold the Lamb of God become a sacrificial Lamb in the second half. It's the one thing you can count on every D-Backs season.

You can be upset about it, but mentioning anything about any "panda" in a BoSox FA thread is just below the belt level wrong...:cool:

Interestingly enough giant pandas became herbivores and completely switched their diet to bamboo 2.4 million years ago. BoSox's Panda must not have gotten the message.

Vinson24

Feb 14, 2018
Good deal for both sides. Boston didn’t have to pay a lot and if JD keeps hitting for the next two years he can opt out after making 50 million already.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Let the games begin!

Thoroughly excited now for the lineup potential this year. Look out NY! Gonna be some seriously siiiiiiiick games this year between Yanks-BoSox.

I wish I still had this orange I hit (in a half case of hobby break), but do have the red. And a big bcp/rc lot.

JD.jpg MARTINEZ.RED.REF.5.16BC.NS.jpg

On another note, I also wish I had still had this orange Gamel auto I hit on release day in loose hobby box #1:

gamel.orange.au.ns.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts