Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors-What 90s cards are the toughest to find for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Ahhh.... you guys just need to try harder. ;)

90DONRUSSBLUEWHITETEST.jpg
93TRIPLEPLAYPREVIEW.jpg
93TOPPSFINESTREF.jpg

94TOPPSBGGROUPABCD.jpg
96AFICIONADOFPP.jpg
96SCORESELECTMIRRORGOLD.jpg

96STUDIOSILVER.jpg
97PINNACLEINSIDEDIAMOND.jpg
97PROSHOOTERSCHECKLIST.jpg

98BOWMANCHROMEGOLDREF.jpg
98DONRUSSCRUSADERED1.jpg
98DONRUSSCRUSADERED.jpg

98DONRUSSCOLL606PC.jpg
98EX2001ECFUTURE.jpg
98FLEERMETALPLAT.jpg

98LEAFFRACTALMATERIALSZAXIS.jpg
98PINNACLECERTGOLD.jpg
98SCORESELECTPP.jpg

98CIRCASUPERRAVE.jpg
98TOPPSSTARSNSTEELGOLDHOLO.jpg
98UD3RB100.jpg

99BOWMANCHROMEGOLDREF.jpg
99FLEERBRILLIANTS24KT.jpg
99FLEERMETALGOLD.jpg

99SKYBOXPREMIUMRUBY.jpg
99SKYBOXTHUNDERRAVE.jpg
99TOPPSMVP.jpg

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Nice Grace collection.

Would have been nice if I stayed in the hobby since the 90's.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Definitely need the 1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor /5 of Bronson Arroyo. I know a friend has one - who also knows Bronson and collects him. That's it.

Funny thing: I pulled a Tom Glavine or Greg Maddux (I really can't remember which) out of this set way back when the set came out. Pretty sure I sold it for $50 on the old AOL card forums.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
OK, I give up, what's the deal with the Triple Play Little Hotshots? Is there something about that card I don't know about?

93 Triple Play Preview. Unlike 1992, they aren't marked Preview on back, and are almost indistinguishable from the regular version (slightly thicker black borders, ghosted triple play logo on back is "fuzzier" than regular). Only 12 players are in the set. Since they look just like regular cards, people can't find them. And since 92's were marked Preview, most assume 93's would be too. These came in a 12 card clear cellophane wrapper to dealers. I did a whole post about these once, will have to find link.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
93 Triple Play Preview. Unlike 1992, they aren't marked Preview on back, and are almost indistinguishable from the regular version (slightly thicker black borders, ghosted triple play logo on back is "fuzzier" than regular). Only 12 players are in the set. Since they look just like regular cards, people can't find them. And since 92's were marked Preview, most assume 93's would be too. These came in a 12 card clear cellophane wrapper to dealers. I did a whole post about these once, will have to find link.

OK, that makes sense. I knew about these, just didn't recall that Grace was a Preview. I tried to buy a few of what I thought were Previews off of COMC, but now that they're in hand I can't tell.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX

Here ya go: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...amp-SCD-wrong-about-1993-Triple-Play-Previews

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Grace, as always, great cards. I don't think I will ever find the Red Crusade Prototype (although I have the Purple prototype and 2 regular Reds). As for the 98 BC Golden Anniversary Refractor: I've owned 2 of the 5 of ARod. Only have 1 now.

Members online