Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lumberjack Bingo: (CONTEST CLOSED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Both events in same day - either two players with 3+ hits each or two players with 8+ Ks or one of each would suffice, but they have to be same day.

I have AR and DW as two of my initial sets on branch one and Alex Rios and David Wright each got three hits yesterday, so that is how I cleared the branch.

..per the rules above-

5. For the 1st branch, the scenario features the initials of 4 major league batters and/or pitchers. To clear this branch, simply find 2 of those 4 players meet the criteria shown in a single game. Simple as that.

Hmmmm, my interpretation is that needs to occur in the same game so maybe I am totally wrong.

@cjedmonton- am I making this more complicated than it should be???? Sorry fellas I am really anal......::facepalm::

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Oh boy, I was really off, haha, guess I was thinking about the rules from an older version of these games

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Geez, MaineMule, I don't know... What you point out does say a single game (Rule #5 regarding Branch 1... which seems like an almost impossibility to have happen), but what Chris wrote below (in response to someone elses question about Branch 1) leads me to believe it is just any two players on the same day, not necessarily the same game. This also gels with this category from previous contests/games Chris has hosted with this scenario, but maybe he changed it for this game. He will indeed need to clarify.

Good question. Your interpretation is spot on. So long as any two players meet one of the criteria on a single day, you will clear the branch. Players are not grouped in any way. Although this game requires exact matches, this scenario does not specify "exactly two players....", only "any two players...".

Hope this clarifies things.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Geez, MaineMule, I don't know... What you point out does say a single game (Rule #5 regarding Branch 1... which seems like an almost impossibility to have happen), but what Chris wrote below (in response to someone elses question about Branch 1) leads me to believe it is just any two players on the same day, not necessarily the same game. This also gels with this category from previous contests/games Chris has hosted with this scenario, but maybe he changed it for this game. He will indeed need to clarify.

...well, if your version is correct, I cut down branch 1 with a plastic knife ;)

I have AW and FH, so with Adam Wainwright whiffing 9 Reds and King Felix Hernandez whiffing 11 Angels I lopped off that branch with one swift chop.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
...well, if your version is correct, I cut down branch 1 with a plastic knife ;)

I have AW and FH, so with Adam Wainwright whiffing 9 Reds and King Felix Hernandez whiffing 11 Angels I lopped off that branch with one swift chop.

Oh wow! What a potent combo to have. Yeah, no problem with 8Ks per with that combo of guys pitching on the same night.

So nice overall strikeout performances on opening day, though the outcomes not as good for some of them as Felix and Wainwright.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Sorry for the delay, folks. Just got in after a long day.

It appears that I used the wrong choice of words for Rule 5. To clear branch 1, you need to have any two of your players meet the criteria in a single day, not necessarily both from a single game. My apologies.

The good news is that I already clarified this as per my response to an earlier question regarding branch 1.

As for branch 2, yes, you are simply adding the starting pitcher Game Scores for each of your 4 teams. If a team is listed more than once, simply count their Game Score for each time they are shown. You have to use the Game Score link from the Tools of the Trade section in the rules.

Here it is again:

TOOLS OF THE TRADE

MLB.com must be used to verify all boxscores.

Game Score is used for branches 2 and 3.

Bombs Away is used to verify the daily home run leaders if you have this scenario in branch 10.

Lights Out is used to verify the daily strikeout leaders if you have this scenario in branch 10.

Otherwise, I think you are all off to a good start. Keep the questions/discussion coming! Good luck to all.

Last edited:

IndiansFan

Aug 5, 2013
USA
Cleared my first branch yesterday with 8 strikeouts from JL(Jon Lester) and3 hits from JM(Justin Morneau)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I also cleared branch 1 last night: Josh Hamilton (JH) with 2 hits and Yasiel Puig (YP) with 2 hits.

[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] - After a branch is cleared, are we able to use past games for the next available branch or do we start the day the last branch was cleared? I hope that question makes sense haha!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I also cleared branch 1 last night: Josh Hamilton (JH) with 2 hits and Yasiel Puig (YP) with 2 hits.

[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] - After a branch is cleared, are we able to use past games for the next available branch or do we start the day the last branch was cleared? I hope that question makes sense haha!

Isn't it supposed to be 3+ hits?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
@goldenegg1: You have tree 5.

5 Black Hickory - goldenegg1

@metallicalex777: Each of your two players must have either 3+ hits or 8+ strikeouts. Thanks for checking!

Thanks Chris! I'll repost when I get branch 1 correct :) Also a repost of my original question: After a branch is cleared, are we able to use past games for the next available branch or do we start the day the last branch was cleared? I hope that question makes sense haha!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Sorry, I totally missed that question! Once a branch is cleared, you may not backdate for your next branch, but you may use the same day to begin working on it. I hope that makes sense!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Wow, nice start!

To all; please be sure to record the date(s) used to clear a branch or if a chainsaw was used. This will makes things much easier when it comes time to confirming your felled tree.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Meh I did not even start looking at mine wow this may take me some time. What day do we use to start?.
Sunday, Monday last week when they played over seas?.
I need to get out of bed and see what is up.
Maybe I should print it out too :p:D:rolleyes:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Man if I could only get the first branch off before Yesterday I actually be on Branch number for by now :lol: But none of my guys can't seem to get hits or strikeouts (pitching) and the same day nor can I get 2 guys hit more then 3 in the same day

Members online

Latest posts