Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*********9/9 Tuesday Morning, Morning Thread ********************

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning.. Things are finally starting to get a little back to normal..

The group down here is expecting a few more transfers from the Seattle area and will probably finish with all the transfers by next June..

I'm not sure if I mentioned I was asked to apply for management down here by a few managers.. So I put my hat in the ring..

Worse thing they could say is "no".. so who knows..

Hope everyone has a great day!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'm not sure if I mentioned I was asked to apply for management down here by a few managers.. So I put my hat in the ring..

Worse thing they could say is "no".. so who knows..

Hope everyone has a great day!

Why anyone would want a management position anywhere is beyond me. Yeah, they pay you more but usually it means more hours and more headaches.

But, to each his own!

Good luck if you get the position!

Fordman

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Why anyone would want a management position anywhere is beyond me. Yeah, they pay you more but usually it means more hours and more headaches.

But, to each his own!

Good luck if you get the position!

Fordman

I want no part of management in my plant. Nope, never going to happen. Not that I couldn't do it, I would just never choose to do so. I've finally put in enough time to be able to hold straight shift, and not work every weekend, so I'm not going management and lose all of my seniority.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Since I moved down here, they don't have a union for the techs and engineers that they have up in the Seattle area..

I've only been at my current company 29 years, and to pad my retirement, and the fact that I requested by several senior managers to apply, I thought I would..

I told them that I don't have a degree which would normally make you not eligible, but since I would be managing other Techs, they told me I didn't need one..

So we'll see..

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Since I moved down here, they don't have a union for the techs and engineers that they have up in the Seattle area..

I've only been at my current company 29 years, and to pad my retirement, and the fact that I requested by several senior managers to apply, I thought I would..

I told them that I don't have a degree which would normally make you not eligible, but since I would be managing other Techs, they told me I didn't need one..

So we'll see..

In my workplace 5 years of employment is just as good as a degree for virtually any job in the plant.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

So we'll see..

Personally, I love managment! It is an opportunity to help drive change but also is fun when you can develop people. the hours are a bit tough but i normally choose to work extra in the morning and i'm almost always home in time to have dinner with the family...

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. I had the hardest time waking up this morning. I was sleeping really well and still trying to catch up on sleep that I lost over the weekend. I'll probably be taking a nap later today since I have class from 9:30-10:45 and then a meeting at 11, then I'm done for the day. I'm just hoping the meeting doesn't take too terribly long

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning men

That is awesome. Is that normal to be able to reach in and grab one? are they spawning or something?

They are running up stream by the thousands right now. Not typical. people are still at the mouth of the stream trying to catch or snag some. once at this point few are still good to eat but many were still shiny

Repost from last night

Sent from my SM-G900T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1410272380352.jpg
    1410272380352.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 11

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Happy BD to [MENTION=1888]JoshHamilton[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1866]muskiesfan[/MENTION]!

Although for JH, some of you might have other wishes you might wanna send his way...:lol:

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Good morning guys. Taking Alie to the dr before school. Shes had a cough for a couple weeks now and we wanna get it checked out.

no 12 hour days for me, cuz i dont work at a plant. Just between 8-9 hours. Do you guys get more days off during the week, or do you just have mega fat paychecks?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Albert Belle bat knob got away from me I believe but that's Ok, can't win them all and money has been tight and just couldn't pull it together in time but seller was a cool guy and was willing to work with me but think he got a decent offer and can't blame him for taking it. Time to mark the checklist accordingly.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
no 12 hour days for me, cuz i dont work at a plant. Just between 8-9 hours. Do you guys get more days off during the week, or do you just have mega fat paychecks?

In this case fat paycheck, 'cuz my morning guy is gone for a week, so 5 shifts of OT coming.

And then there's the other job...

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good morning. Not much new. In my baseball fantasy league's playoffs for the first time (3rd year in a keeper league), but day 1 was horrible. No cards on the watchlist right now, except 2 expensive ones I can't afford. Kind of a blah time right now, just nothing to get excited about. At least weather has been great, but that's supposed to change tomorrow... tornado like weather predicted.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio

1-1/2 for anything over 8 hrs in a day, 1-1/2 for all day Saturday and double time for Sundays. Triple time if we work any hour on a holiday even if your shift flows into the holiday, the hours worked on the holiday are triple time. Now this isnt typical of 99% of all work places, just those of us who work in Union shops and not all Union shops have these generous of pay scales either. Im in the UAW at a Big 3 auto mfg (no, labor costs are not the biggest costs of a car, only 12%) and we do well.

Fordman

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The weekend shifts at my plant are mandatory 12 hour shifts. And it suuuuuuucks. I don't do it anymore, but working Saturday and Sunday 11a-11p is awful. Even more awful are the 11p-11a shifts. At least those employees only have to work Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sun. The Thurs and Fri shifts are 3p-11p for the 11a-11p shifters.

Members online

Latest posts