Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I finally did it. I went and picked up a "cameo" card. But! I've set some ground rules.

1) Only the rarest of rare
2) Must be 60/40 or better.

In other words, if the 1999 Fleer Jeremy Giambi is a 50/50, I consider this a 60/40.

JG1.jpg

JG2.jpg

Sweet, glad someone on here got that! Thought I would have wifi while out of town and didn't, so I missed this :(

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I wasn't going to believe it until I had it in hand, well, here it is! My biggest coup in quite awhile. It was listed with other Encore Golds /125 but given that it was a large Piazza collection sell-off I was certain another knowledgeable collector would pick up the trail. Safe to say my max bid was well in excess of 5x where it ended.

100.jpg

101.jpg

Congrats and good luck on your flip.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
The Piazza is going to join my JD Drew, wish I had been successful in picking up the Chipper a couple months back.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Does anyone collect 1998 Donruss Prized Collections? I started building the Marlins team set. Currently at 25/38, and most that I need are the Preferreds.

I did finish the 1997 Donruss Limited Exposure team set.

Edit: picked this up last night. I don't think I'll finish the Credentials run any time in the next 1000 years, but I'm gonna try
33jhiqd.jpg

Also picked up this
2q022cp.jpg

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Does anyone collect 1998 Donruss Prized Collections? I started building the Marlins team set. Currently at 25/38, and most that I need are the Preferreds.

I did finish the 1997 Donruss Limited Exposure team set.

I just picked up two 1998 Donruss Collections sealed boxes.. Still debating whether to crack them or not. If I do, I will look for any prized Marlins for you. The only ones I am really interested in "hopefully" hitting are the Preferred Prized!!

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013

I've got the Preferred Prize Kevin Brown I can move. Been thinking about narrowing my collection to offense side only. This could be a start.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I've got the Preferred Prize Kevin Brown I can move. Been thinking about narrowing my collection to offense side only. This could be a start.

Let me know a price. I believe Burbank has one for $15 or so...I think I paid around that for my Sheffield

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I picked up the Belle to add to my Bonds collection.

NICE. When that went for $70 I thought for sure the Ripken would go for big bucks.

Recently picked this up for my 1997 Reserve Collection set. There's always some paranoia when a known guy surfaces - you hope that there isn't someone out there who needs this as their white whale.

attachment.php

And bought this awhile back on COMC. Couldn't flip it so it's in my collection now:

attachment.php

And loving him on MLB Network. He's hilarious.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
What's the story on the Raines?

It's a somewhat rare set - 1997 Score Reserve Collection. But commons and semistars can be really tough to come by - you can go years without seeing one surface whereas the stars appear about twice a year or more. The football counterparts are even harder to find.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
It's a somewhat rare set - 1997 Score Reserve Collection. But commons and semistars can be really tough to come by - you can go years without seeing one surface whereas the stars appear about twice a year or more. The football counterparts are even harder to find.

Have you seen Griffeys pop up recently?

ripken8

Nov 11, 2013
Have you seen Griffeys pop up recently?
[MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION]...Or a Ripken True Grit? In all the years I've been searching for one, the ONLY one I've ever seen is from your collection. Would love to cross that one off my list.

ripken8

Nov 11, 2013
A very BIG THANK YOU to [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] for helping me cross off another tough card for my PC! This one has been a bugger for me to track down, but no more! :)

1996-LSS-CR.jpg

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
The odds aren't that tough (1:11) so is it just the fact that they could only be found in the Series II reserve packs that make them so tough to find (ala 2007 Walmart Series II inserts)?

Members online

No members online now.