Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox trade Wade Miley & Jonathan Aro to the Mariners for Carson Smith & Roenis Elias

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
LOVE the deal for the Sox. Absolutely LOVE it !

Last edited:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
At first I was wondering the same thing, but Elias and Smith have lower WHIPs and ERAs than Miley. Plus, two pitchers for one.

Miley only had one real good season

I guess they had an extra starter and they needed some relief and a backup starter so it could work. But I think Miley has a lot of potential as a starter, he just needs to be more consistent.
Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
While I think Wade will do better at Safeco, I love Carson's arm, even if Boston is loaded at the back end of the pen and Elias will be solid for a #5 starter, if the Sox go that route.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Nice get by the Sox....I really liked Miley as a #5 starter, but to get another dominant arm for the bullpen? Sign me up!!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
As an M's fan I don't care much for this trade. Elias was no slouch and we're gonna miss Smith's bullpen presence.

I'm slowly liking this deal. I really don't like losing Kuma, but Elias is too Hit and miss overall IMO regardless of competing WHIP. Although, it didn't help that he never got consistent spots in the rotation. Smith has talent so I am very hopeful Dipoto has a good plan for our closing role. If Paxton can go a full season that will help, but we can't count on that. I think having Felix, Miley and Walker as 1-2-3 will be pretty great performance and health wise.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I guess it's time to list these..

elias1.jpg
elias2.jpg

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
His signatures look so different in those two cards Pin lol. But I agree with the previous poster, he wasn't stable because of the starts. Hopefully this will give us a more consistent 1-2-3. I love watching Felix and Seager every year but just wish they could put a contending team around them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
His signatures look so different in those two cards Pin lol. But I agree with the previous poster, he wasn't stable because of the starts. Hopefully this will give us a more consistent 1-2-3. I love watching Felix and Seager every year but just wish they could put a contending team around them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Now they lost Iwakuma to the Dodgers, they need to find a good #2 / #3 for the rotation..

Latest posts