Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Thread test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Andre Dawson attachment test:

scan0025.jpg

Probably the most important thing on the site, fix this asap! Haha

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Site just started working again

Sorry George!

So anyway, heres why it went down the way it did.

We decided to move to blue host because blue host would give us the same server as host gator, but at like half the price if we paid a year up front. A VPS like this is expensive so we went for it.

We also purchased migration services. Blue host worked on the migration at their own pace. I got an email saying hey man, we are done with the migration, thank you.

Well that is a good and bad thing. It's good in that the migration is complete. Migrations of a site like this with such a large mysql database are a pain. There is ALWAYS something that breaks. Good on them that they were able to get the database over in one piece without losing data.

Bad in that we didn't put the site in maintenance mode or something after they took the backup. Because I had just gotten the notify that it was done, that means that the backup had already been taken. Thus anything posted between the time of their backup and the time each user rolls to the new server (because of the nature of name server changes propagating across the internet) would be lost.

I then immediately put up a post and changed the name servers to complete the migration.

Members online