Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Yeah..... They are my best cards though....

I pc lakers, celtics, St. Louis cardinals, yankees, packers, die cuts

well that was very nice of you to offer them for free.

That kind of generocity will always come back! Looking forward to following up on all of those to see if you mail them.

ScHmIdTy24

Aug 17, 2013
Cool. Are you sure the generosity will come back tho? Cause I've spent alot of money on those cards

A_Pharis

Cool. Are you sure the generosity will come back tho? Cause I've spent alot of money on those cards

Having watched some of your YouTube videos, I've seen you offering up a lot of cards you were given by your uncle for sale and trade.
If you're spending a lot of money on cards then maybe you should reconsider promising them away to other people. The Free to a Good Home and Pay it Forward Threads aren't threads meant for "trading". They're about giving with no real expectation of getting anything in return.

So, like I said, try sticking around and interacting more. You don't seem to stick around forums much.

ScHmIdTy24

Aug 17, 2013
Having watched some of your YouTube videos, I've seen you offering up a lot of cards you were given by your uncle for sale and trade.
If you're spending a lot of money on cards then maybe you should reconsider promising them away to other people. The Free to a Good Home and Pay it Forward Threads aren't threads meant for "trading". They're about giving with no real expectation of getting anything in return.

So, like I said, try sticking around and interacting more. You don't seem to stick around forums much.

Thank you for the tips dude and it's cool that you watched my YouTube

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
[MENTION=4914]gmarutiak[/MENTION] [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]

Chris, can you please communicate with Gary and come up with a plan to get him the box in Baltimore this week? This would be much appreciated by all involved in the box venture! This way he can go through it over the weekend when he has the time, get it on it's way to Terry early next week, and then it can find its way home. I'll set round 3 up shortly thereafter for those that would like to do this again (or for the first time!).

As for "what the hell I am talking about," I'm going to drop it and like I requested, please just get the box out today.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Extremely disappointing.

Events like this show great what a great community we can be, but it's extremely unfortunate that in such a small group...a few have little respect for others. And yes, that's exactly what it is when people are not kept up to date and/or reasonable questions asked.

While this lack of respect is going on, we hold threads about how to increase members and member interaction. Comedy at best...brutal truth at the worst.

It's a joke.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Extremely disappointing.

Events like this show great what a great community we can be, but it's extremely unfortunate that in such a small group...a few have little respect for others. And yes, that's exactly what it is when people are not kept up to date and/or reasonable questions asked.

While this lack of respect is going on, we hold threads about how to increase members and member interaction. Comedy at best...brutal truth at the worst.

It's a joke.

There is nothing shameful about this at all. Ive had the box for a short time and now its going out when I get am address

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
There is nothing shameful about this at all. Ive had the box for a short time and now its going out when I get am address

To be blunt...(and has been stated before in this thread) it's always something. Some sort of excuse...in this case it's that you've only had it for a short time. Currently 11 days.

For perspective, here is a list of the members of this round and how long they had it.
2 days - Ashburn
6 days - kerry (made a point to let everyone know it was going out late)
3 days - UL
3 days - Sly
2 days - Rum
5 days - Alex (weekend included)
5 days - Mike (weekend included)
18 days - Rich
11 and counting - cgilmo

So no, it's not "a short time" when everyone else has been efficient.
So no, it's not "a short time" when there was a timeline added clearly stating approx. receipt days with implied length to have the box.
So no, it's not "a short time."

Of course there's nothing shameful, who gives a crap right? It's just other people waiting for it. Whatever.

Two members...one month. Two well established members in this hobby...one month.

That sucks.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
To be blunt...(and has been stated before in this thread) it's always something. Some sort of excuse...in this case it's that you've only had it for a short time. Currently 11 days.

For perspective, here is a list of the members of this round and how long they had it.
2 days - Ashburn
6 days - kerry (made a point to let everyone know it was going out late)
3 days - UL
3 days - Sly
2 days - Rum
5 days - Alex (weekend included)
5 days - Mike (weekend included)
18 days - Rich
11 and counting - cgilmo

So no, it's not "a short time" when everyone else has been efficient.
So no, it's not "a short time" when there was a timeline added clearly stating approx. receipt days with implied length to have the box.
So no, it's not "a short time."

Of course there's nothing shameful, who gives a crap right? It's just other people waiting for it. Whatever.

Two members...one month. Two well established members in this hobby...one month.

That sucks.

And as I mentioned before 11 days after knowing we were already 3 weeks plus behind from the previous senders debacle. Would have been nice to make it a priority to get it right out since we were already so far behind schedule.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
If its an excuse you want... I was busyb with an mtg prerelease that caused dme about 5 days of nonstop work.

Its packaged and ready for an address atm.

I added quite a bit to it. I removed some chipper rookies.

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
Why is everybody jumping on CG if the possessor of the box before him took 18 days. I get that it was already behind schedule but I feel like this is a unneeded bashing. Chris puts more time than anybody into this board. He has kept it running for almost 6 years and everybody is calling him out for mailing the box 6-7 days late. Gilmore is good peoples and I think this should be looked at less harshly.

Just my .02$

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
You added your $.02 and I'll add an additional $. 02 of mine...
If there wasn't the issue with Rich that put the box 2-3 weeks behind, then Chris stating last Sunday he would mail out on Tuesday and didn't, then never followed up to state there was a delay, then basically telling all to relax as he hasn't had it that long, all on top of Chris is a notorious sloooooow shipper, I'm sure people wouldnt be on Chris' case but what flack Chris is getting here is rightly deserved.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Folks, can we please move on, as we did with Rich, and just get this round completed? I will be so cliché... The horse is dead, no need to beat it.

Members online