Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
This is where I’m confused, I know there’s a lot of fakes out there.
But I’ve seen this one that does have the sticker.
df3b62262bdf9b701475667a91170a6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Now to me those 2 max autos def look different.

Which one is correct?

All the Jeter Peter Max Autos I've seen have more of a "loop" on the M. The one you show has a more straight M. Here are a few photos of Jeter Max Autos I've saved over time.

1997 Topps Gallery Peter Max Auto 3-40.jpg
1997 Topps Gallery Peter Max Auto 15-40.jpg
1997 Topps Gallery Peter Max Auto 23-40.jpg
1997 Topps Gallery Peter Max Auto 27-40.jpg
1997 Topps Gallery Peter Max Auto 31-40.jpeg
1997 Topps Gallery Peter Max Auto 39-40.jpeg

Also, I've never seen that Topps sticker on any of the Jeter backs.

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Random and obscure question of the day: Does anyone have a nice Mike Bordick card from the 90s they would be willing to trade or more likely sell at a reasonable price? I've started a new project of players who are from my home state of Maine, while he wasn't born there he went to high school there and was an absolute legend when I was growing up, looking to get something nice of his.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Random and obscure question of the day: Does anyone have a nice Mike Bordick card from the 90s they would be willing to trade or more likely sell at a reasonable price? I've started a new project of players who are from my home state of Maine, while he wasn't born there he went to high school there and was an absolute legend when I was growing up, looking to get something nice of his.

Doubt I have anything other than 1993 Leaf or a 1991 Score RC for Bordick. I'll check though. Oooo....wait. He's on the '96 Zenith Mozaics card for the A's with McGwire and Brosius. I might have a spare of that one.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I've had (and sold) an entire authentic set and have never seen a single one with a sticker. I mean, it could be a replacement from Topps, but I doubt very seriously it was ever released into packs with stickers on them, although they should have done something to distinguish them. I think I would be more afraid of one with a Topps sticker on the back than one without it.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
A Belle just ended a couple days ago. It was a Probstein auction, so had no scan of the back. I ended up cancelling my snipe, I just don't trust these to be legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I bought my 3rd copy of a 1996 Studio Silver Press Proof (1 of 100) today on COMC.com for a very decent price. These are very tough to find. Seller had a few more decent names listed at good prices ($10-$18). Check out the site if you need:

Tino Martinez, Rafael Palmeiro, Jason Kendall, Todd Hundley, Jeff Conine, John Valentin, David Cone

Mark-Grace.jpg

Mark-Grace.jpg

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I bought my 3rd copy of a 1996 Studio Silver Press Proof (1 of 100) today on COMC.com for a very decent price. These are very tough to find. Seller had a few more decent names listed at good prices ($10-$18). Check out the site if you need:

Tino Martinez, Rafael Palmeiro, Jason Kendall, Todd Hundley, Jeff Conine, John Valentin, David Cone

Mark-Grace.jpg

Mark-Grace.jpg

I got lucky picked up mine in a lot i bought on ebay. Being retail only and not numberd they are a tuffie.