Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mr. Bautista? Meet Mr. Odor('s fist)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
it was a cheap shot...wasn't expecting it. Odor will get his next time they play, bank on it.

Wasn't a cheap shot, sucker punch or anything like that. Bautista is clearly squared up and like Brewer Andy said, had already been pushed back. Look how he's oriented himself: he was expecting a fight:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463451976.990537.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I am not a big fan of the Rangers and especially Odor. Seems like there's been some issues when they play the Astros and I think the Rangers have gotten a bit big for their britches. That said, Bautista really had no reason to go after Odor. I like Bautista as a player. But he pulled something stupid and got embarrassed for it. So be it.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'm also not a Ranger's fan and know nothing about the players' backgrounds or reputations. People keep referring to Odor as some tough guy not to be messed with. You can plainly see Bautista was lining him up for a punch, but I think Odor was just plain lucky to have landed such a clean punch first. His sebsequent swings were a couple of attempted b*tch slaps with his glove and a flailing windmill swing that hit nothing. He is lucky Beltre restrained Bautista.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
My prediction is that MLB makes an example of Odor with a big suspension. He's the perfect candidate because of his history of overreactions and resorting to violence.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
I'm also not a Ranger's fan and know nothing about the players' backgrounds or reputations. People keep referring to Odor as some tough guy not to be messed with. You can plainly see Bautista was lining him up for a punch, but I think Odor was just plain lucky to have landed such a clean punch first. His sebsequent swings were a couple of attempted b*tch slaps with his glove and a flailing windmill swing that hit nothing. He is lucky Beltre restrained Bautista.Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.
99.99% of all baseball fights are watch you described Odor doing after he landed his big punch. All Bautista and most guys want to do is look tough while someone holds them back. Odor is not like that he wants to fight, he has done that historically. He is not trying to look cool. He actually has a screw loose. I also agree with Theriom that baseball hits him hard for this because of the violence of the punch and the pattern of fighting he has displayed here and the minors

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
8 games for Odor and 3 for Gibby (so far). I'm pretty meh about this "brawl". As mentioned in this thread there is usually only 1 good punch before the scrum. Plenty of bad blood between the teams since the playoffs. There were a few other incidents that ignited a Twitter war between Jays-Rangers fans- one was Holland wiping his ass with a Jays rally towel to mock some of the fans at RC.
fwiw- the series I went to last year summer was pretty tame.

Illegal slide? Yes. Dirty? No

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
8 games for Odor and 3 for Gibby (so far). I'm pretty meh about this "brawl". As mentioned in this thread there is usually only 1 good punch before the scrum. Plenty of bad blood between the teams since the playoffs. There were a few other incidents that ignited a Twitter war between Jays-Rangers fans- one was Holland wiping his ass with a Jays rally towel to mock some of the fans at RC.
fwiw- the series I went to last year summer was pretty tame.

Illegal slide? Yes. Dirty? No

Yep. I agree. Holland is on his way out of Tex at the end of the year. What may hurt Bautista is he is a repeat offender this year on the new slide rule.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
So an 8 game suspension is either the penalty for throwing (or landing?) a punch or it is a gift because Joe Torre is secretly delighted that Bautista got jacked up.

Members online

Latest posts